Gingerbread keyboard for UD 2.5?

Harrybub

Reaction score
After playing with the Gingerbread UD for months now I've decided to go back to UD 2.5 but I really miss the GB keyboards way of marking, selecting text.

Is there a port of the GB keyboard that works on UD 2.5?

TIA!

HB

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
there is one in the market, its like a buck, maybe two, i use it it works great, you can find the GB keyboard file online, just google it, but it does not receive updates, ive tried it for a while but i found issues with the functionality, and also the auto finish wasnt what i liked it to be

OP
Harrybub

Harrybub

Reaction score
Thanks JD!
I found a free one on the market but it doesn't have the little tabs to help position the cursor when editing text.

HB

Boostjunky

Reaction score
Thanks JD!
I found a free one on the market but it doesn't have the little tabs to help position the cursor when editing text.

HB

You won't get those tabs with any of the keyboards on the market. That is a feature that's built into the GingerBread Framework, not the keyboard.

OP
Harrybub

Harrybub

Reaction score
You won't get those tabs with any of the keyboards on the market. That is a feature that's built into the GingerBread Framework, not the keyboard.

Well heck. I really miss that...

Thanks for the info:)

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
the one i paid for in the market should have those cursor tabs you are looking for, try it, youll know within the 15 min return period if it has what your looking for, im running the current UD GB and still use the one i purchased works great and frankly i bought it so i may as well use it

OP
Harrybub

Harrybub

Reaction score
the one i paid for in the market should have those cursor tabs you are looking for, try it, youll know within the 15 min return period if it has what your looking for, im running the current UD GB and still use the one i purchased works great and frankly i bought it so i may as well use it

Unfortunately it doesn't. :(

HB

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
damn! sorry HB, sorry bout that, i guess ive been using GB for so long i couldnt remember if it did or not, guess youll just have to come back to the dark side, 3.2.5 has been working great for me, no major issues to speak of, running a slayers 1100 mhz with compcache enabled and decent batt life