Gingerbread install problems

jcolt

Reaction score
I was on GB. 573 and decided to upgrade to .595, but have experienced nothing but problems. Here is my story and would apppreciate any help/advice.

Flashed. 595 on top of .573. Went into bootlop and could not recover. Had to sbf back to froyo. 340 stock.

Now from froyo .340 I root using z4, flash cwm and Droid 2 bootstrap (using d2 since going to gb). Go into recovery and flash gb .588 as I read maybe I need to do. 588 before .595. Once on .588 I boot into recovery cwm and flash odex. 595. Reboot and it seems to be ok. However turned my phone off later in the day and then restarted and now stuck in same bootloop again....argggg.

So back to rsd lite and sbf back to froyo .340. Root using z4, flash cwm and then bootstrap recovery. Decide screw it just going to go back to my cwm backup of. 573 BC at least it worked. boot into recovery and flash my. 573 backup on top of .340 I just sbf'd. Once again bootloop.

So I am at a loss as to what to do next. Any step by step help would be great! I know I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure out what.

Shad0www

Reaction score
Do you wipe data/ cache?

Are you using titanium backup?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
Do you wipe data/ cache?

Are you using titanium backup?

Sent from my DROIDX

I did not wipe going from .573 to .595

I did not wipe going from .340 to .588

I am using cwm back up up for the flash, although I am using titanium to back up apps and system data

Shad0www

Reaction score
I would always wipe data/cache because in my experience I haven't gotten any bootloops or any issues with my rom when I do.

Also what System data are you restoring because that could also be the issue. Some data doesn't play well with certain roms or upgraded firmware roms.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
OK I will try this now. Shoudl I also wipre davilk cache?

I will need to check what system data I am restoring when I get back up, but I will try just to restore the apps this time

Shad0www

Reaction score
I usually don't but I don't think it would hurt.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
just did the whole process over again. SBF back to stock, wiped, flashed the 3 files for .588, wiped. Reeboted. Installed D2 Bootstrap. Reboot into recovery, flashed .595, wiped date, wiped davil, rebooted and .595 loaded up. Just to make sure I shot down the phone and powered back up and I am stuck back at bootloop.

Shad0www

Reaction score
Wow that is very odd. It's probably an issue with you phone. I would do a sbf back to stock then take your phone in and get a replacement because your phone should not do that.

One more thing where did you get your sbf from?

Sent from my DROIDX

chefjellynow

Reaction score
before you go returning phones...

re download the 595's. thats where your problem sounds like its coming from. when putting 595 on i saw some 5 min boot loadings... literally like 5 min. so be patient when you are dealing with gb and especially the dalv cache clear. it makes the waiting longer than expected for me at least. i remember saying over and over be patient and wait

Shad0www

Reaction score

re download the 595's. thats where your problem sounds like its coming from. when putting 595 on i saw some 5 min boot loadings... literally like 5 min. so be patient when you are dealing with gb and especially the dalv cache clear. it makes the waiting longer than expected for me at least. i remember saying over and over be patient and wait

What you said does not apply because that is only true for the first boot while dalvik is being recompiled and he gets past the first boot and is able to get into gingerbread but then after he reboots he gets bootloops.

Sent from my DROIDX

sparrowfish

Reaction score
Try using the deodexed 595 GB version. I was having similar issues with odexed version coming from 588 GB.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

chefjellynow

Reaction score

What you said does not apply because that is only true for the first boot while dalvik is being recompiled and he gets past the first boot and is able to get into gingerbread but then after he reboots he gets bootloops.

Sent from my DROIDX

either way, i waited up to 5 min on reboots while installing gb. not trying to argue just sayin it couldve easily been mistaken as a bootloop at 2min by me at least...

Shad0www

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

either way, i waited up to 5 min on reboots while installing gb. not trying to argue just sayin it couldve easily been mistaken as a bootloop at 2min by me at least...

That's true I understand what you're saying its just for me at least I figured if he got through the first (which is the longest) without thinking its a bootloop then he shouldn't think the others are. I do agree though the boot up time is pretty darn long for this leak.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
Sbf came from XDA, cannot remember the post but I am sure it is a good.

Gave up last night but back at this am. I SBF'ing again now and going to try two things. 1) going to stay on .588 and see if that remains stable. Also, I downloaded a new .595 download (deodex vs odex). Prob wont make a difference but worth a try. If i can .588 to be stable am I missing much not being on .595?

Shadoow - thanks for the help. One question? If i sbf back to stock and take the phone back in what does one saw to VZW? I am not sure saying.... the phone does not work once I try to flash a rooted version of gingerbread.

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
THanks Sparrow on the deodex suggestion - going to try now.

It is def a bootloop. As I say I get through the first boot up but on second that is where I have issues. I see the M, then DROID, then then the red eye, then back to DROID, then the red eye, etc....