Gigngerbread finally coming to the D2 by way of an official ota?

hond2

Reaction score
Wish I were a soak tester.....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

americanz

Reaction score
got this in my inbox this morning. cant wait

Thanks for your interest in providing fast feedback about the upcoming Droid 2 software update.

Here's how it works.

> Several thousand Droid 2 owners will receive the update. Only a percentage will be Motorola Feedback Network (MFN) members. If you sign up, your phone will be included.

> This is what we call a "pre-launch soak." We'll watch what happens for about two days, just to make sure there is nothing wrong with the update or the update process.

> You will be trialing FINAL software. This is not a beta test. In most cases, this is the software that will be released, unless we find an extremely serious issue. Your feedback will help us identify issues that may require a later fix, and help us prepare others for getting used to the new software. Your feedback will be extremely valuable and we do hope you will take part!

> When you receive the update, we would appreciate your quick feedback. You will be provided a link to a private community. All of your comments and questions should be posted there, and that's where we'll provide more information.

> We will also distribute one or more surveys to get your evaluation of the process and the software.

If this sounds good, please confirm that you wish to take part by completing this short registration form.

kinger

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this. I keep thinking about rooting, but this will be better for me. Glad I waited.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

americanz

Reaction score
well here goes an sbf. stock foryo. *joy*. not really but will be woth it to test gb.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no sense in accepting any OTA from VZW. There is a good possibility it won't be rooted, not to mention, most current D2 ROM's have already left 2.3 in the dust.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Thing is, this will have problem fixers (hopefully) for you guys, and might help with your BT issue on cyanogen. Still waiting for the global ota...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thing is, this will have problem fixers (hopefully) for you guys, and might help with your BT issue on cyanogen. Still waiting for the global ota...

That's a good point. I really wish they'd fix the ALT Lock issue.

americanz

Reaction score
There is no sense in accepting any OTA from VZW. There is a good possibility it won't be rooted, not to mention, most current D2 ROM's have already left 2.3 in the dust.

most? only like 2. liquid and cyanogen. and like was said it will have fixes. may not be rooted. but im sure our guys here will find a way. just a matter of time

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
most? only like 2. liquid and cyanogen. and like was said it will have fixes. may not be rooted. but im sure our guys here will find a way. just a matter of time

Liquid, CM7, Liberty, MIUI, Apex... They are all working on GB framework.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

americanz

Reaction score
Liquid, CM7, Liberty, MIUI, Apex... They are all working on GB framework.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Most of those are 2.3.3. And that's what the ota will be. Only liquid and cm7 are higher than that

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Wsan't MIUI based off 2.3.5 as well? I believe the Global MIUI is 2.3.5.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. I've seen this article as well. Not that it matters so much now, with cm7 and 2nd init. I am happy to finally see it being soak tested tho! I won't be able to help myself from trying it I'm sure.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

JokerSeven

Reaction score
I'm glad to see it, but it's too Little, too Late for me. Now that I'm on CM7 and I'm not going back to stock GB.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Well, it's not to little for those guys at moto support forums at least. Most of them are unrooted, out of fear or something. :laugh:

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G