Getting 'stuck' on emails in Gmail??

rosariorose9

Reaction score
So this is weird. When I open certain emails (usually from a vendor, like Home Depot or Harbor Freight for example) there is no longer a way to dismiss that email and return to the Inbox. I get 'stuck' on that email, and must re-boot my Pixel (running Android 11) to get back to my Inbox. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
To be more specific, the small arrow on the upper left side of the screen, which allows you to return to the previous page, is no longer there. So, there is no way to return to the inbox. It is also happening with emails which are not from vendors. Aaaarrrggh!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear that. I am not experiencing that on my phone. Have you tried clearing the Gmail cache and a restart?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks very much, Sajo. Just did that. Since it doesn't happen all the time, I'll have to see if it resolves the issue over time. Will report back. Thanks again.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, Mark. As I said above in response to Sajo, have done that and am waiting to see if it resolves the issue.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Well, it's been almost three months, and the problem continues. Clearing the Gmail cache does not help. As far as restarting goes, that does help, of course, but it's a pain to do that every time I get 'stuck' on an email. My 'solution' to date has been to forward the offending email to myself, which allows me to get back to the Gmail home page (if that makes any sense!). Can't wait for the Pixel 6, which I will assume will not have this problem. Thanks again Sajo for your feedback. Very much appreciated.

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
I assume you are using the stock Google email app. It seems like there is some kind of logic hang up that rebooting or cache clearing only temporarily fixes. I wonder if clearing all data and starting over would fix it.

Sent from my Note 10 using Tapatalk