Getting Rid of CityID thing?

superglen99

Reaction score
so I have some stupid app or program called CityID on my Incredible and I can't get rid of it. It always randomly pops up and asks me to sign in or continue with the 30 day trial. I can't find it in the app list so I can't delete it. I did settings,apps,manage apps, filter ALL and it didnt show up. Anybody have a solution? Thanks

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unfortunately you will need root to delete it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did your trial period end yet?

From another search I di on google:

City ID... how do you uninstall? - Android Forums

"I e-mailed the company that makes City ID over the weekend. They said that, after 15 days, you can completely disable the nagging."

From the Dev:

"Thank you for your message. Because City ID is preloaded onto the HTC Incredible, it cannot be uninstalled from the device. The way to disable City ID is to select “No” at the end of the free trial, which ends 15 days after you receive the initial free trial notification. If you select “Remind Me Later,” or press the Back or End key (or a similar action) the trial expired message will appear after each incoming call (up to 10 times), so please be sure to select “No” upon the first expiration message to disable City ID.

If you are experiencing a City ID trial notification appearing more than after the fifth incoming call and on the 15th day when your trial expires, it is unusual and unintended behavior of the City ID product. We’d like to verify what you are experiencing and greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide to our team, such as the handset build version and other applications you are running, which will help us to try to reproduce the experience.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Best Regards,
The Cequint Team "

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cequint is the company that sued the maker of the City Caller ID application that we all used to use....suing a family man who released that app for free...:icon_evil:

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Cequint is the company that sued the maker of the City Caller ID application that we all used to use....suing a family man who released that app for free...:icon_evil:

It happens if they have a patent on it and a small time developer is unlikely to fight it against a big company. They knew this and took advantage of it.

Beatdemon

Reaction score

kronos

Reaction score
Since Verizon is getting rid of the CityID thing, is there another app with the same features that would give the current location of the caller?

technofossil

Reaction score
City ID must go!!

Since when is $1.99/month free??

How much did he spend to have is app preinstalled and uninstallable on our phones? That couldn't have been cheap.

I object to apps that are forced on me, that I don't want, running in the background, using precious app resources, and I can't do anything about it.

I'll be glad when it is gone and maybe Verizon will allow me to uninstall the thing.

bobarry

Reaction score
I found it kept building up a DATA file even though I wasn't using it. I used 1tapcache to kill the data.

So I did the root thing and moved it to the
SD card, thus 'removing it'.