Getting notifications to vobrate when phone is set to vibrate?

Fail Tactics

Reaction score
How do I get my Droid to vibrate on new notifications when the ringer is set to vibrate? Don't tell me Ring Toggle, or Sound Manager, as those do not work. Don't tell me to set the app to always vibrate, because I don't want that. I want it to vibrate when I set my phone to vibrate, and play a tone when it is not. Is there anything that can do this?

When using google voice as my SMS app to avoid buying a texting plan, I kinda need to know when a text gets there, and that comes in the form of a notification. Can anyone help me?

cplus

Reaction score
try Koush's new modified mms.apk. It has many new options for notification. See if that satisfies you.

ARZ

Reaction score
when you are in a function IE: messages click the button next to the back button and settings will show up on the right.

click that and slide down and the last one is VIBRATE, hit the check box to turn it on.

Same with Email go into email and (select an account if you have more than one) then click that same button. has 4 horizontal lines longest one on top, again right of the back button on the bottom left.

Reaction score
]If you read the first post you'd know he wants it to vibrate only when the ringer is on vibrate, and otherwise play a tone without vibrating.

I also would like this feature for all of my communication apps (messaging, google voice, gmail, meebo, etc.) and koush's mms.apk does not offer a solution even for text messages, let alone the rest of my apps.

Anyone?

billyidle

Reaction score
You couldn't tie your notification volume to your ringer volume to make this work? Settings>Sounds and display>Ringer volume.

Grouchy

Reaction score
Hey, I use quick profiles (free on market) for this. It basically lets you set up various profiles that when you switch, it automatically adjusts settings. So for example, I have a profile I call Vibrate and it makes notifications and my ringtone swich to vibrate. Then I have a second profile called normal that switches the ringtone and notifications to a separate volume.

You can also use it to change other aspects such as screen brightness, wifi, bluetooth, alarm volume, media volume, etc.

There is a paid add-on type for about a dollar that lets you add icons to each profile. It also includes a new widget that adds the icon of the current profile on your background rather then the default icon. However, you really don't need the add-on stuff as it is purely cosmetic.

OP
Fail Tactics

Fail Tactics

Reaction score
You couldn't tie your notification volume to your ringer volume to make this work? Settings>Sounds and display>Ringer volume.
That doesn't make them vibrate.

Grouchy, that is good but IT DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO MAKE NOTIFICATIONS VIBRATE. there is notification volume, but no 'Vibrate' option listed under that like there needs to be. Why has nobody made an app for this?

Last edited:

billyidle

Reaction score
If you check the box to link the notification sound to the ringer, and then set your ringer to vibrate, notifications won't vibrate?