Getting my MSN email

MaryU

Reaction score
How do I get my e-mail from my MSN account? I had to start a gmail account but most of my e-mail comes to my msn account. I tried Windows live but that doesn't get my msn mail either.:icon_evil:

insane_ai

Reaction score
I tried setting up my msn account anyway, it worked. 3/30/2010. All I did as enter my username and password. There was a warning about plus accounts may be needed but I don't believe that it applies to MSN because I am getting my email just fine without a plus account.

insane_ai

Reaction score
Annoying

I have had my msn email configured for a while now and I am annoyed with it. Whenever I delete an email from my phone, it gets downloaded again unless I go to the webmail page and delete it. Apparently the droid can only retrieve mail and it is not designed to synchronize changes.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to configure it differently, please advise.

willexie

Reaction score
Hotmail mail is rebooting

I am having the exact same issue with my hotmail acct. Every time I delete an email it is rebooted and a notification is sent. It also is downloading every email in that acct and I saved and that is over 300. How do I sync it?
Thanks in advance :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue with my hotmail acct. Every time I delete an email it is rebooted and a notification is sent. It also is downloading every email in that acct and I saved and that is over 300. How do I sync it?
Thanks in advance :)

This is how I set my Hotmail account up back in January and have had no problems with it all. See if these settings might help you:

1. From the home screen, pull up the applications tab (at the bottom of the screen)
2. Touch Mail
3. Touch Manual Setup at the bottom left corner
4. In the incoming server settings, enter the details as follows:
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete hotmail address)
Password: enter your hotmail password
POP3 server: pop3.live.com
Port: 995
Security type: SSL
5. Touch Next to continue to SMTP Server Settings and enter the details as follows:
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Port: 587
Security type: TLS (and check mark “Require sign-in”)
Username: [email protected] (enter your complete hotmail address again)
Password: enter your hotmail password again
6. Touch Next
7. Fill out your personal information (Name etc.)
(If you are having problems be sure that WiFi is turned OFF then try again)

insane_ai

Reaction score
I found a partial solution to my issue.
From the home screen press the email icon (or get to it from the app menu below)
Long press the msn account and choose account settings from the popup menu
press incoming settings on the bottom of the screen.
Change the "Delete email from server" from "never" to "when I delete from inbox".

This solves my issues of constantly resyncing messages that I delete from the phone. Yet another lesson in "Don't always rely on the wizard".