Getting my Droid on Tuesday, any tips for it?

illmatic

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'll be getting my Droid :motdroidvert: by tuesday and was wondering if you guys have any tips on the phone for me like saving battery life, wallpaper sizes, cool apps and games, etc. It would be greatly appreciated :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. Start by reading the FAQ's. That's probably the best place to start.

iPirate

Reaction score
Clean up your google contacts now.

Apps I suggest:

Barcode Scanner
Droidlight
Goggles (Google)
Google Sky Map
Google Translate
Listen
Pandora
The Weather Channel
Ultimate Stopwatch
Voice Recorder

Games:
Abduction(demo)
Jewels
Labyrinth Lite
Slide Puzzle
Torect Lite
Tower Raiders FREE

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'll be getting my Droid :motdroidvert: by tuesday and was wondering if you guys have any tips on the phone for me like saving battery life, wallpaper sizes, cool apps and games, etc. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Gameboid and Snesoid are a must. These are Gameboy Advance and Super Nintendo emulators. Search the forum on how to download games onto your droid for these emulators. The android market has free ones to try and paid versions, the difference being you can save your game at any point on the paid version.There are also other game system emulators in the market.

Your battery will get better over time. Dont think how it drains the first day is how it will be because its not.

The best hint I can give you is roam around this forum. It pretty much has an answer for every question and if you cant find an answer post it. There are some very intelligent people on here and everyone is pretty good about helping each other out.
Welcome to the forum.:yeahbaby01:

countryboy498

Reaction score
Mine fell as I was jogging on the treadmill, listening to Pandora. It hit the track and shot backward and hit a wall. Not a scratch on it. It seems to be pretty tough. As far as apps, I love Pandora when I am jogging and JogTracker. I like Zedge for ringtones and Meebo IM if you use more than 1 instant messenger. Enjoy your Droid!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Read everything on this and the other forums and have fun.

I agree these are tough phones. I dropped mine on a ceramic tile floor while trying to slip it in my shirt pocket. It landed on the front top corner and got a pretty good scrape on it. I touched it up and you can't even find the mark. Phone never missed a beat. Tough.

NYZ93

Reaction score
1st thing you want to do is drop it in a pool of fire then burn it
OR
you could
get

Barcode Scanner
Droidlight
Goggles (Google)
Google Sky Map
Google Translate
Listen
Pandora
The Weather Channel
Ultimate Stopwatch
Voice Recorder

Games:
Abduction(demo)
Jewels
Labyrinth Lite
Slide Puzzle
Torect Lite
Tower Raiders FREE

AND

Read everything on this and the other forums and have fun.

Basically what im saying is you can trust just about anyone on this forum and youll do just find there's mounds of info here on every topic and if there is something you havent found create a thread

OooOOOooooOOOOooooOOO
By The Way
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT
do what i said at first it was just a joke
You Never Know What People Will Believe These Days
Got to go the aliens are coming in an hour byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee:motdroidvert:

OP
I

illmatic

Reaction score
lol thanks everyone, man I can't wait till I get this phone!

fgw

Reaction score
Things to Do till you get your Droid

1. Read the forums
2. Read the forums
3. Read the forums!!!!

Seriously - that's what I did before I got my phone and it made it so much easier. I am not a techie - just a regular person using a great phone. I read the FAQ's, the Applications, and everything else. Read threads I didn't even understand till I got the phone.

After you get it, put on a screen cover, get a good case, and install some of the most recommended apps. Then play around with others - you can have lots of fun because most are free :icon_ banana: - so you won't mind deleting the ones you don't like.

4. Have FUN

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Quit all other hobbies. Walk the dog, kiss the wife, tuck the kids in one last time.

DJ Jesus

Reaction score
As far as paid games, a must have if you like arcade games is Exzeus its $4 and well worth it. The best in the market in my opinion. A cool free tetris like 3d game is Blocks. Act 1 for video playback, great player if you plan on playing movies on your droid. PDAnet is a great tethering app, if you want to get online using your laptop and droid. Another tethering app is easytether. I got a case-mate cover on my droid, not sure what kind of case you were looking at. I like mine, it protects to whole phone including the screen. And of course, like everyone is saying, read the forums. Great group of people on here. Good luck with your droid and enjoy it.:)

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Well a tip as far as chargers go, I would definitely not buy any from verizon. Hit up monoprice for all your charger needs (I have 3 that I got from there, all top notch quality). I think I got everything from there (3 USB cables, 2 power blocks, 1 USB car charger) for maybe a little bit more than the cost of 1 charger from verizon. Another tip is root the thing, you won't regret it. Once you root it and overclock it you will be 10x happier than you already are.