Getting back to the original wallpaper

Newton122189

Reaction score
So i wanted to try out some other wallpapers but i ended up not liking them as much as the original, well... after i changed the original wallpaper i realized that i cant get back to it, does anyone know how to put the original wallpaper back on the droid, its not in the wallpaper gallery like i would have expected it to be

BSmith

Reaction score
Press and hold on the main screen, go to wallpapers, go to wallpaper gallery is what is working for me.

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
yeah, except for the fact that the original wallpaper is not located in that gallery

BSmith

Reaction score
The 2nd from the last one, gray one, isn't the stocker? Maybe it's not, it's pretty close though.

LosAngeles

Reaction score
Yeah the one in the wallpaper gallery is not the original stock background. I wonder why they left that out. Did you find a way to get it back? Short of factory resetting the phone? :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok i moved the launcher.apk file that contains all the wallpapers, and the stock wallpaper is not in there. So i have NO idea where it is located at within the device.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I know you want the original back, but I downloaded "Backgrounds", a free app. I now have a beautiful wallpaper. It's a pix of a sunset but I believe they used HDR to enhance the colors. They have quite a bit of wallpapers to choose from that won't distort your widgets.

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
I had to factory reset, i'm pretty sure thats the only way to get it back, kinda stupid if you ask me, i guess i wont be experimenting with any new wallpapers until im 100% sure im done with the default