getting an app

dda87

Reaction score
So my friend has an app on his droid that is no longer in the market called imusic. I was thinking about using the bump app to get it but have a feeling its not going to work. Is there any other app that has free music or a way for him to give me that app as well

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tons of free music apps. Pandora and Slacker are the two that come to mind. There are a couple apps that stream Shoutcast, and a ton more random apps that stream music, radio, podcasts, and anything you could ever want to listen to.

hobby31

Reaction score
I still use imusic. It still works. It was a free app but then I think it changed developer hands and the name was changed and they started charging for it. I can't remember what it is called now. There is also an app called "music online" that was also free but I just looked in the market and saw it was now $7.99 and the reviews don't look too good. Since imusic is no longer in the market and was originally free I guess it would be ok for your friend to give it to you. I would make a backup with "astro file manager". Find the backup in the backup folder on the sdcard. He can then either "bump it" to you or you could connect to his computer with usb and copy it over to your sdcard and then install it through astro. Use astro to navigate to where you copy it to on the sdcard and then tap on it and and box should pop up. Choose "open app manager" and an option to install it will appear.

Edit: I just searched in the market and for "music" and found an app called "mp3 music". Looks similar to imusic and the reviews sound ok.

Last edited:
OP
D

dda87

Reaction score
Hey thanks a bunch. One reason why I wantedx to get imusic is because he said he can download music for free. Now if I pay for one of those apps does anyone know if its free to download

OP
D

dda87

Reaction score
I still use imusic. It still works. It was a free app but then I think it changed developer hands and the name was changed and they started charging for it. I can't remember what it is called now. There is also an app called "music online" that was also free but I just looked in the market and saw it was now $7.99 and the reviews don't look too good. Since imusic is no longer in the market and was originally free I guess it would be ok for your friend to give it to you. I would make a backup with "astro file manager". Find the backup in the backup folder on the sdcard. He can then either "bump it" to you or you could connect to his computer with usb and copy it over to your sdcard and then install it through astro. Use astro to navigate to where you copy it to on the sdcard and then tap on it and and box should pop up. Choose "open app manager" and an option to install it will appear.

Edit: I just searched in the market and for "music" and found an app called "mp3 music". Looks similar to imusic and the reviews sound ok.

Now me being a noob with all this how exactly do we do the transfer just so I don't mess anything up? Thank you