getting a replacement phone from verizon

PETVIRUS

Reaction score
So i have the froyo camera problem that about 7 other people have reported. my camera "lcd" is black, ie the phone cannot communicate with the camera hardware. I got my droid on the day it came out and i suspect that my camera hardware is slightly different and isnt supported in 2.2.

Today i went into a vz store and found out that they will swap your phone for a new one if you have a hardware problem via the manufacturers 1 year warranty.

What would be good way to make my phone have 'hardware' problem?

i was thinking that maybe i can remove camera.apk from stock 2.1 and then complain that when i press the camera button nothing happens most of the time. id want to cover my tracks though, because it might be easy for them to tell that i atleast have SBrecovery installed on there.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
First, Froyo is in beta, so it may not work properly.

Second, committing fraud is always a bad idea. I dont think you'll find anyone here who will help you intentionally defraud Verizon by "causing a hardware problem".

Third, why not just flash back to another ROM and make your phone functional again? You broke your phone by putting Froyo on it, and havent even tried to fix it....

cromo8

Reaction score
So i have the froyo camera problem that about 7 other people have reported. my camera "lcd" is black, ie the phone cannot communicate with the camera hardware. I got my droid on the day it came out and i suspect that my camera hardware is slightly different and isnt supported in 2.2.

Today i went into a vz store and found out that they will swap your phone for a new one if you have a hardware problem via the manufacturers 1 year warranty.

What would be good way to make my phone have 'hardware' problem?

i was thinking that maybe i can remove camera.apk from stock 2.1 and then complain that when i press the camera button nothing happens most of the time. id want to cover my tracks though, because it might be easy for them to tell that i atleast have SBrecovery installed on there.

honestly you dont even have to have something actually wrong with your phone, just call em over the phone or go into store and say, hey my phone shuts off at reandom times, my messages delete at random times, and say ur tired of it, did that when mine had a scratch so i just exchanged it, they didnt veryfy anything if i had root or anything else

also say u already did the hard reset where you take battery out and such