Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
droid3-update.jpg

The Droid 3 users seem to have a little surprise coming their way very soon. According to the latest leaked slide, there will be an update coming soon, and it will include a plateau of improvements and new features. The improvements include improved GPS, faster camera, better battery life, improved stability, and other great things to look forward to.

There you have it Droid 3 lovers, your favorite phone will get an update soon and it will make you love it even more.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Haha the news section is going downhill. Now all we get is a link to another website

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ya know...even clicking on the pic to get it to expand to full size, you still cant read the text. Supplying a link to another website is really no help either...why not copy the "improvements" noted...and do away with the silly pic...just an idea...:happy:

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ya know...even clicking on the pic to get it to expand to full size, you still cant read the text. Supplying a link to another website is really no help either...why not copy the "improvements" noted...and do away with the silly pic...just an idea...:happy:

For one, it was more or less a heads up. Second, I just wanted Droid 3 owners to know it was coming, Third, and one of the reasons we provide a 'source' link is so you can click it. Now if you click the source link, and the picture that shows up there, you will get a readable version. If I had more time today I would have gladly copied the features and wrote them out, but with the flooding and everything else I personally have had to deal with this weekend, I didn't have the time yet to do that. I figured at least the owners of the droid 3 would be glad to know an update was on the way, and if they wanted more details immediately they can simply click the link. Sorry if that is an inconvenience, I did the best I could under the situations. I tried enlarging the text several times but the forum shrinks it back down. When I get a chance I'd be happy to click the source link and list the features. I don't mean to sound hard, sarcastic, or like I'm coming down on anyone but real life takes precedence over a phone. I try my best...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
That's a long list of stuff, but it seems like there's a lot of meaningless fluff in there. Bloatware updates? Pshaw! After setting up “Other” email accounts, user is now taken back to “Adding Accounts” page. WHOOPEE!!!

Seriously, this is what interests me:
-improved stability
-GPS update
-better battery life
-better audio quality (louder?)
-faster camera

Erikbal

Reaction score
Any ideas when we'll receive this update? It will automatically be sent to our phones correct? That's cool and nice to know thanks for the info!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Any ideas when we'll receive this update? It will automatically be sent to our phones correct? That's cool and nice to know thanks for the info!

You are correct. When it becomes available your phone will prompt you to update with the new software.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
You are correct. When it becomes available your phone will prompt you to update with the new software.

But feel free to check settings > about phone > system updates about 50 times/day :p

Seriously, though, I was helping someone with their Droid 2 Global. They'd been waiting for the update for a ridiculously long time. Anyway, the OTA update finally started to roll out. But, you know how it goes--check about phone and no update. Here's the trick: dial *22899 and then check for the update. Guess what? It worked! Update available!

apotheosis415

Reaction score
A wee bit bummed....

I didn't see "camcorder focus issue" or "Black flicker fix." I guess that could be in there or lumped in there with camera shutter fix.

A hate to say this, but if the issue remains after this update, im selling it and getting out of buying another Motorola.

apotheosis415

Reaction score
Didn't work...

Didn't work for me...

But feel free to check settings > about phone > system updates about 50 times/day :p

Seriously, though, I was helping someone with their Droid 2 Global. They'd been waiting for the update for a ridiculously long time. Anyway, the OTA update finally started to roll out. But, you know how it goes--check about phone and no update. Here's the trick: dial *22899 and then check for the update. Guess what? It worked! Update available!

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Didn't work for me...

No, it won't work now because the Droid 2 Global OTA update was halted due to a problem with MS Exchange encryption. I'm sure you can find the update.zip easily though. You might want to wait if you use Exchange.