games destroyed my battery?

beanpo

Reaction score
I think games destroyed my Note 2 battery. I often played games for hours straight while charging. Last Sunday, I let the phone pluging over night without running any app or game, but next morning my phone was blazing hot so I had to let it cool down. Half hour later I tried reboot it but fail to see any logo. Then I took the dead phone to shcool and borrowed friend's mpj backup battery, swapped it, and everything worked perfectly again. Now I have ordered a new battery online. I am not sure if playing games while charging could destroy the battery, if so, i swear wont do it again.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

My thought is thaty some of the games didn't stop when you stopped. You may want to check to see if there is an exit setting rather than simply hitting the back key.

Tonik

Reaction score
I doubt games ruined your battery. My note 2 is about a year old. I just had to replace my battery and I don't game on it. Just another reason to never buy a phone without a removable battery.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Charging a battery during heavy drain can damage a battery but I'm thinking there's something else going on.
How old was the battery? How often did you charge it with starting battery above 90% (that can be very harmful)? How often did you let it drain to shutoff (that can be harmful)?
How often did you start a charge on average per day (a battery has only a certain number of charge cycles before starting to wear out and each plug in, even if only for a few minutes is a charge cycle)? The number of cycles can greatly diminish if you start then when the battery is above 90% at startup of it. Are you using the oem charger? How long had it been starting to run hot?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Tonik

Reaction score
Charging a battery during heavy drain can damage a battery......

Did not know that. That would be what happened in my case. I run Nav and music while on my motorcycle....blue toothed to my helmet. It eats battery, so I keep it on the charger when I do that. No other option, it would be dead in half a day and no wall outlet around to far charge.

I don't mind buying an occasional battery.

7cdjsaa

Reaction score
Charging and playing heavy games damages the battery really quickly. It causes overheating while charging and playing games! I've got many batteries for my phones..,

gregorz

Reaction score
Look into baterii settings and check baterii usage.

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

futiyo

Reaction score
I think my phone dead because of my excess use of it.