Game System Emulators, and games?

Reaction score
Not sure how the whole emulator thing works. Do you download an emulator and then buy games that can be played on it? I like the old school NES games, can anyone recommend an emulator?

Once I get the emulator where do I get games?

Skaggz

Reaction score
I use SNESoid and Gensiod. The same developer also has an NES emulator on the market.

1. First, you download the app from the market
2. Then Google NES Roms (or whatever system you want)
3. Download your favorite games
4. ????
5. Profit!

I have found that downloading the ROMs on my PC, and then transfering to my SD card works much better than downloading directly on my phome.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
When I hear "ROMs" I think rooting. Do you have to be rooted to do this? Thanks for the info.

Skaggz

Reaction score
No, root is not required. ROM stands for Read-Only Memory. The term itself is not specific to rooted Motorola Droids.

Some popular game sites are coolroms.com and doperoms.com

stiv5

Reaction score
I use SNESoid and Gensiod. The same developer also has an NES emulator on the market.

1. First, you download the app from the market
2. Then Google NES Roms (or whatever system you want)
3. Download your favorite games
4. ????
5. Profit!

I have found that downloading the ROMs on my PC, and then transfering to my SD card works much better than downloading directly on my phome.

I am with you on that. It's works so much better than downloading directly from your phone.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I haven't tried downloading roms directly on the phone. I play the games on my laptop as well as my phone, so I find it's easier just to drag and drop.