Gallery Storage Location Problem.. Please Look Guys! Thanks :)

BillyBob

Reaction score
Hey DroidHeads,
Question; why is it that when i open my gallery, my photos are segregated into about 6 Folders, IE: download, camera photo, camera video, album covers, facebook...sometimes housing multiple pics in different folders. can i condense this so wen i open the gallery there is one for Photos, one for Video.?..

hope this makes sense LoL
thanks in advance:greendroid:
BillyBob

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
camera is one folder, then every other folder that has pics also are displayed unless there is a .nomedia file within it.

Using Astro or your computer while the card is mounted you can search for images and organize them into two folders but the current gallery displays them how you see it displayed for me too. Sounds like it would be a great feature to have them split that way. I'm rooted and my gallery also lets me click on the folder then use a slider to split the files up by date taken.

Meridian is a free media player in the market. It doesn't do pictures but it will display all videos collected together if you want it to.

OP
BillyBob

BillyBob

Reaction score
Exactly, I just like the sense of Organization that i feel i have with any other App/Feature. Kind of Annoying, id like to clean it up, maybe have them, like u said, in an unrecognizable file/filename... IDK. nothin serious, thank you tho!

BillyBob