Gallery Question

DroidFan

Reaction score
I finally got the 2.1 OS and I love the new gallery UI!!

I found about 30 pictures on my gallery and for the life of me, I don't know how they got there (I took them with a digital camera and I know I didn't import them to my Droid)... and to make things weirder, when I go to Astro to delete them, they're no where to be found!

I checked the Location under the Gallery info of the pix and it says, "Unknown Location." Does anyone know where these pix might be saved? I mounted my SD card on my computer and did a search. No luck...

Help!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I finally got the 2.1 OS and I love the new gallery UI!!

I found about 30 pictures on my gallery and for the life of me, I don't know how they got there (I took them with a digital camera and I know I didn't import them to my Droid)... and to make things weirder, when I go to Astro to delete them, they're no where to be found!

I checked the Location under the Gallery info of the pix and it says, "Unknown Location." Does anyone know where these pix might be saved? I mounted my SD card on my computer and did a search. No luck...

Help!

I've heard that the new gallery syncs to your Picasa gallery unless you tell it not to. Could that be it? Try a search for Picasa (above) and check out the threads for only the last few days - there's a way to reset the sync, but I'm sorry I don't remember how.

OP
DroidFan

DroidFan

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! I'll check that out!

OP
DroidFan

DroidFan

Reaction score
That did it!!! Thanks!!! Deleted the picture album I didn't want synced...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK, so where's the sync setting? I obviously don't have Picasa, but someone else is bound to ask....

OP
DroidFan

DroidFan

Reaction score
No setting... It did it automatically. I forgot I even had those pix saved to Picasa, so when I updated my OS to 2.1, the new gallery automatically synced it.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No setting... It did it automatically. I forgot I even had those pix saved to Picasa, so when I updated my OS to 2.1, the new gallery automatically synced it.

Actually there is (just in case you want to know for future reference)... To turn off that sync you can uncheck the Picasa web album account from Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Gmail account.

OP
DroidFan

DroidFan

Reaction score
AnneDroid... thank you so much! I'll remember this for the future :)

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
When I open up my gallery it shows all of the available beautiful widget preview pictures, like 300? Any idea how to not allow these to show up in my gallery and just show my own pictures? Like wallpapers, camera shots and other pictures. I know I can click just camera roll but I don't want all of these previews showing up in my gallery.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

kematocha

Reaction score
explain a little bit? not sure exactly what you're suggesting
Using a file explorer do a search for ".nomedia" select the file and copy(there will be numerous ones in different folders, any one will do). Find the folder with the image files for Beautiful Widgets and paste the file into the folder. You can do this for any local file that shows up in your gallery that you don't want. A reboot my be necessary afterwards. Hope this helps.
Actually I think the folder you need to drop the ".nomedia" file into should be /sdcard/data/beautifulwidgets/cache.

ChuckDz3

Reaction score