Galaxy S6 Broken Screen How to FDR

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Galaxy S6 Broken Screen How to FDR
Any suggestions on how to facotry reset a locked phone with a broken screen>? Samsung Galaxy S6 Verizon Network-Phone has been removed from the account as well.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you have Android Device Manager setup in the phone as a Device Administrator you can log into the Android Device Manager website from any computer and send a FDR command to the phone. If you already have a replacement phone, just make sure you select the correct phone to send the erase command to.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Phone is no longer hooked up to the wireless account. So there is no internet and screen is blank. Only thing i can think of is when i power down and apply thumb to unlock home button and then somehow access the phone as a device from windows??

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Phone is no longer hooked up to the wireless account. So there is no internet and screen is blank. Only thing i can think of is when i power down and apply thumb to unlock home button and then somehow access the phone as a device from windows??
Hmmm...when it's connected to a PC I think the only normal options are file transfer and photo transfer? I don't think you can get into the apps or Settings to do a factory reset that way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
So now im thinking about replacing screens? I dont know if the screen or digitizer needs replacing i am sure both but would like a crack at it to replace../.....but the screens are like 150 ish but then i see some for 20-30 bucks....any advise?