Galaxy Nexus Lockups, App Crashes, and Random Reboots

ringfingur

Reaction score
Just picked up a new Galaxy Nexus yesterday (12/15/2011). Unfortunately, I've been having nothing but problems since day one. I'm getting seemingly random app lockups in the market, and maps. Additionally the browser has been crashing and often causes a reboot after most google search attempts. I've attempted to remove all apps with the exception of those developed by google. Also attempted multiple reboots and eventually tried a factory reset. Anyone else having similar issues?

djras1

Reaction score
No problems like that...
Took a while to get the proper drivers to root (needed to install PDANet for Fastboot Driver).
Transferred 1 gig of pics and 13 gig music over USB from my old Fascinate.
Restored Titanium files from Dropbox... restored Angry Birds without losing anything.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Exchange it out. Do not settle for equipment that does not operate properly. If you are experiencing this in a stock state there is something wrong. If you had a ton of apps loaded you could trouble shoot but with barely anything loaded this shouldn't be happening.

Exchange it out

OP
R

ringfingur

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. Sounds like I got a lemon. I'll exchange it asap.

Plesk

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues with my vzw Galaxy nexus. It worked fine for Day 1 but day 2 is a different story. I've rebooted and locked up on me about 6 times. It seems to be locking up and running slow and chunky almost constantly which means a reboot is coming in less than a minute. At first I thought it was due to clicking in and out of gmail and corporate email. But it happens when txting and even just trying to go Home or Back. I did Install EasyTether and it worked fine. I'll try to uninstall that. But I think I'll be taking it in for an exchange today.

OP
R

ringfingur

Reaction score
Swapped out the the problematic unit this weekend for a replacement, as the problems were easy to reproduce at the retailer. Have had great success with the replacement thus far. @Plesk - You probably want to do the same.

Plesk

Reaction score
I also swapped mine out this last weekend. Current one working flawlessly. =)

Plesk

Reaction score
Plesk,

Did you get EasyTether to work on the Nexus? I hope so, waiting for mine from Amazon.

Works very well. The coolest part was I was talking on the phone while tethering at 4g speeds =)
There was a trick to getting it installed: The version I paid for wasn't showing up in the market for me to download. It was wanting me to pay again. There was a note on the description of the app in the market that said if you had paid for it previously, just email EasyTether support with your invoice number. I did that and very shortly they sent me a link to download and install the app manually (.apk file) Works great. good luck!

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I've been using EasyTether for years on my D1, but I had heard there were problems with it on Gingerbread, and hadn't heard anything about it on Ice Cream Sandwich. I can't wait!

jjhash

Reaction score
E
Just picked up a new Galaxy Nexus yesterday (12/15/2011). Unfortunately, I've been having nothing but problems since day one. I'm getting seemingly random app lockups in the market, and maps. Additionally the browser has been crashing and often causes a reboot after most google search attempts. I've attempted to remove all apps with the exception of those developed by google. Also attempted multiple reboots and eventually tried a factory reset. Anyone else having similar issues?

Just joined the forum and came across this. I had the issue of the browser crashing as I typed in the Google search bar. The problem was fixed after I went into settings>developer options>background proccesss and set the limit to standard - it was previously set to no processes.