galaxy nexus google one ?

next

Reaction score
Hi guys,

(when i refer to google one it may actually be s voice.. sorry )

I just got my galaxy nexus and a new member of the forum!!!! yay

I still haven't really used it that much to do day to day things, so I cant give my opinion about the screen size. I imagine it will grow on me. though i must say, when it is on the stand I have in the car it is great!!!

This was an upgrade from a galaxy ace that i attempted to update the droid version. It took me until 5 am but I got it. then some times i cant call or receive calls. callers say they hear absolutely nothing,, not even a ring ! So I upgraded to the nexus after seeing my friend use google one (the siri like thing)

So i really know nothing about my phone I don't know if its unlocked (i assume it is) i dont know if it was rooted.

all i know is its running 4.0.2

I'm wondering how I can get Google one on it.

Im nervous to root it as my galaxy ace lost reception when i did it.

i heard you can root then unroot.

can i root , upgrade to jelly bean getting me google one and then unroot retaining google one.

Im just looking for the safest way that will leave my phone as stable as possible.

Or can i get it without rooting. or without getting jelly bean.

maybe im not making much sense as im not sure the relationship between jelly bean, rooting, unrooting and google one.

My friend (who is new also) told me that if i was not rooted i should simply be able to upgrade doing a system upgrade and that will give me google one. but there was no update prompt on my phone.

Thank you

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! I am thinking you mean Google Now, does that sound right?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That's kind of what I figured.

As far as I k is you need to be rooted to get Google Now. If you root to install it you can on ICS or JB, you also do not need to unroot afterwards but can if you want to.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums :)