FYI Costco Return Policy

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I was looking around and I don't think this has really been mentioned yet. If you are unsure wether to upgrade to the Bionic now or wait to see what the field is like later, you can do both! Costco has a 90 day return policy meaning that you can return it and get whatever's better down the road, that's about the week before Christmas if you were to buy it today! That is good. dancedroid
I still want to sell my DX and get some money from it before it goes down in price even more. This is the answer! =)

mach330

Reaction score
i don't think this is 100% correct. I thought i read somewhere that someone posted it up. You actually get 30 days to return it if you want to keep your status of "eligibility" for upgrade on a phone. Or is that jsut if you return it. But 90days if you want to exchange for another one? That would be great.

Anyone else want to chime in?

edit : i saw this. But not sure how your verizon account gets affected though.
http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/go/content/do/returns

zetachi

Reaction score
But if you buy it at upgrade price, then return it would you not have to buy whatever new phone at full retail price as your upgrade is now gone?

OP
rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
i don't think this is 100% correct. I thought i read somewhere that someone posted it up. You actually get 30 days to return it if you want to keep your status of "eligibility" for upgrade on a phone. Or is that jsut if you return it. But 90days if you want to exchange for another one? That would be great.

Anyone else want to chime in?

edit : i saw this. But not sure how your verizon account gets affected though.
http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/go/content/do/returns

Thanks for chiming in! :p I did kinds post this to see if I was wrong. I read that return policy page, but I forgot to include the link earlier.
The only thing that would mess with your Verizon account IMHO would be the early cancellation fee which you wouldn't have to worry any since you're keeping the account.
You can't technically "exchange" it. It'd be just returning and buying a new phone.
Since it doesn't say, I would assume that you could rebuy a phone at upgrade price after you returned the old one!
I guess the way to settle this would be to just go in and ask them! ; P I forgot to ask them that specific question last time I was there...
Anybody elses thoughts on the matter?

ftblryan

Reaction score
If you are using an upgrade its not worth it. You have 14 days to return it and stay eligible for your upgrade. If you return it after that you get back the upgrade price you paid for the phone and you are still out an upgrade and have to buy the new phone at full retail minus the return value of the phone you just turned in. I made this mistake with the thunderbolt and bionic.

Last edited:

zetachi

Reaction score
If you are using an upgrade its not worth it. You have 14 days to return it and stay eligible for your upgrade. If you return it after that then you get back the upgrade price you paid for the phone and you are still out an upgrade and have to buy the new phone at full retail mints the return value of the phone you just turned in. I made this mistake with the thunderbolt and bionic.

Thats what I figured. Didn't think they would open that big a loophole.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I don't think Costco has any return policy!
The people always help. They let me return my Thunderbolt after 2 months.

mack19318

Reaction score
It has to be in the 14 day period to keep your upgrade discount.
My wife got lucky once on a return, the phone came as a package with case bluetooth ear piece and car charger, that deal ended before she returned and when she brought her phone in to change she got full price back for everything.ended up making about 80 bucks and got a different phone!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mack19318

Reaction score
Just reread my post. I didn't mean to sound so cut and dried with the 14 days. There is always an employee that will help you get around that 14 days, and ways to talk your way into a later exchange and keeping your discount.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
If you are using an upgrade its not worth it. You have 14 days to return it and stay eligible for your upgrade. If you return it after that you get back the upgrade price you paid for the phone and you are still out an upgrade and have to buy the new phone at full retail minus the return value of the phone you just turned in. I made this mistake with the thunderbolt and bionic.

Wow... Thanks, thought this was too good to be true, but I thought maybe Costco was being really special! They return ANYTHING! :)
Don't want to make that mistake! ;) I never want to spend 600 bucks on a phone! ;)

mach330

Reaction score
sounds like i have one more week to make my decision or wait for incHD or prime. i'm leaing on keeping it as i'm loving it so far. i can get another phone in a year anyways.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
sounds like i have one more week to make my decision or wait for incHD or prime. i'm leaing on keeping it as i'm loving it so far. i can get another phone in a year anyways.

I think you should wait for the prime 2.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Arius1

Reaction score
I did this already. I bought the Droid charge on June 29th and was told the same thing. So last Thursday I exchanged it for the bionic no problem.

One catch is you have to return everything including accessory bundles you got. Also it had to be in new condition.

I will buy all my phones from Costco from now on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums