Fully flashing Droid?

OP
H

hai916

Reaction score
Not yet . Just rooted and backed up . Waiting for Android SDK to finish with what its doing.

cubano1027

Reaction score
When that's finished just follow the tutorial. Start at the part where you have to write the NV items and continue on with the guide.

OP
H

hai916

Reaction score
Okay will do , but what's the part where it says you have to save the stuff to C:/android/tools ?

cubano1027

Reaction score
Create a folder called android on your c: drive and create a folder called tools into the android folder.
So it'll look like c:\android\tools and put everything in the tools folder

OP
H

hai916

Reaction score
Create a folder called android on your c: drive and create a folder called tools into the android folder.
So it'll look like c:\android\tools and put everything in the tools folder

Okay Android SDK finished installing the packages and I made the folder, so put u2nl and the autostart.sh files to tools? not the folders?

Last edited:
OP
H

hai916

Reaction score
Yeah I did that. Now I just edited the APN settings so I'm on the last step but it's not working in command prompt. I type in adb remount and it says its not recognized as an internal/external command

Last edited:

cubano1027

Reaction score
Do you have a folder called androidsdk on your c: drive?
If so, use command prompt
C:/Androidsdk/tools instead of c:/android/tools
put those two files(autostart.sh and u2nl) into the tools folder of androidsdk folder instead of the one you created.

That should work for u.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cubano1027

Reaction score
i made it and its not recognized either
then that means you didnt set up android sdk right, you gotta do it all over again. make sure your setting it up right.
do you have usb debugging on?

cubano1027

Reaction score
Do you have the 1X and the arrows at the top?

try it now with usb debugging turned on.

if that doesnt work you can reinstall android sdk
or
to skip all that you can use "Root explorer" from the market or google(hint hint)

put the u2nl file and autostart.sh file on the root of your sd card

Using Root Explorer, press the "Mount R/W" button at the top it should say "Mount R/O' now(this allows you to write files to your phone(aka adb remount))

Using Root Explorer, copy "u2nl" to root/system/bin/

Using Root Explorer, create a new folder within root/data/ and name it "opt" (without quotes).

Using Root Explorer, copy "autostart.sh" to root/data/opt/

then go back to those files and long press them, click permissions on the pop up box and check all the squares(do this for both files u2nl and autostart.sh)

OP
H

hai916

Reaction score
Do you have the 1X and the arrows at the top?

try it now with usb debugging turned on.

if that doesnt work you can reinstall android sdk
or
to skip all that you can use "Root explorer" from the market or google(hint hint)

put the u2nl file and autostart.sh file on the root of your sd card

Using Root Explorer, press the "Mount R/W" button at the top it should say "Mount R/O' now(this allows you to write files to your phone(aka adb remount))

Using Root Explorer, copy "u2nl" to root/system/bin/

Using Root Explorer, create a new folder within root/data/ and name it "opt" (without quotes).

Using Root Explorer, copy "autostart.sh" to root/data/opt/

then go back to those files and long press them, click permissions on the pop up box and check all the squares(do this for both files u2nl and autostart.sh)

No I don't have the 1x or arrows. Im trying to get root explorer now

EDIT:I did everything you said but the folders were deleted. When I Mount R/W , the folders stay but are gone when I go back. When I Mount R/O the folders say they are created successfully but don't show up.

Last edited: