Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Only hours after our source dropped a 9/1 Froyo release bomb for the Droid Incredible (then retracted it), a full Android 2.2 leak snuck into the wild. And we aren’t talking about some simple nandroid ROM, we’re talking an RUU which is like an SBF file in HTC land.

We’re still in the process of flashing this to our own DI and will let you know as soon as we have finished, but really you just need to understand that this is big news. And maybe our jittery source wasn’t so wrong after all?

Source: Shipped ROMs
Via: Android Central

Droid-Life.com

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

We’ve had a chance to flash the new (and what appears to be official) Android 2.2 for the Droid Incredible and wanted to drop the instructions on you.

*Warning*
– For those that aren’t rooted, the steps are pretty simple (read Note 2), just understand that this will wipe your phone completely clean meaning all of your apps will be gone and you’ll need to set up your accounts/settings again. Also be warned that if this is not the official update, it could be extremely difficult to back out of and OTA updates could pass you by. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. You accept all risk involved.

Instructions: (pulled from XDA and edited)
*Note 1* – If you are rooted, make sure you have flashed the unrevoked-forever file!
*Note 2* - If you just want to update to 2.2 without root, just plug your phone in and run the RUU which you can download from here.
1. Download this file and place on your SD card.
2. Boot into hboot (Hold optical button + power) and select Bootloader.
3. PB31IMG.ZIP will start to install.
**Step 3 note** Your phone might reboot to either hboot or recovery after trying to install PB31IMG.ZIP, just get back to hboot and install again, when you get back to hboot you should notice its version .92 and S-OFF is still on, just install PB31IMG.ZIP again and all should be good. I believe at one point after it updates hboot it has to reboot to finish the install, so this might be what you are seeing.
4. Reboot, setup your google account, etc.
5. Put the files attached below on the root of your SD-Card.
***Files are PB31IMG.ZIP (this is not the update, either delete the other PB31IMG.ZIP or rename it to PB31IMG.BAK, this is just clockwork recovery in the PB31IMG.ZIP) , payload-update.zip, and su-2.3.2.1-ef-signed.zip***
6. Power down phone and boot to hboot (hold optical button + power).
7. Install PB31IMG.ZIP in hboot, this installs clockwork recovery.
8. Once that is done installing, press volume down, so your phone doesnt reboot, then select recovery.
9. Once you boot into recovery choose install zip from SD-Card, then choose payload-update.zip.
10. After that installs, choose to install another zip and install su-2.3.2.1-ef-signed.zip.
11. Reboot and enjoy your rooted phone running the new Froyo.

How to: Update your DROID Incredible to Leaked Android 2.2 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Just want to report that I followed these instructions and it worked perfectly. I was rooted with S-off. I was thinking of loading a kernel to OC but this thing is blazing fast as is. I'm definitely getting better battery live and shorter charge times than with SkyRaider. I am a very happy camper right now. I'm not sure how to get Hulu working again but that's more of a cool to do thing rather than something I actually use often.

herbmmm

Reaction score

We’ve had a chance to flash the new (and what appears to be official) Android 2.2 for the Droid Incredible and wanted to drop the instructions on you.

*Warning*
– For those that aren’t rooted, the steps are pretty simple (read Note 2), just understand that this will wipe your phone completely clean meaning all of your apps will be gone and you’ll need to set up your accounts/settings again. Also be warned that if this is not the official update, it could be extremely difficult to back out of and OTA updates could pass you by. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. You accept all risk involved.

*Note 1* – If you are rooted, make sure you have flashed the unrevoked-forever file!
*Note 2* - If you just want to update to 2.2 without root, just plug your phone in and run the RUU which you can download from here.
**Step 3 note** Your phone might reboot to either hboot or recovery after trying to install PB31IMG.ZIP, just get back to hboot and install again, when you get back to hboot you should notice its version .92 and S-OFF is still on, just install PB31IMG.ZIP again and all should be good. I believe at one point after it updates hboot it has to reboot to finish the install, so this might be what you are seeing.
***Files are PB31IMG.ZIP (this is not the update, either delete the other PB31IMG.ZIP or rename it to PB31IMG.BAK, this is just clockwork recovery in the PB31IMG.ZIP) , payload-update.zip, and su-2.3.2.1-ef-signed.zip***
8. Once that is done installing, press volume down, so your phone doesnt reboot, then select recovery.
9. Once you boot into recovery choose install zip from SD-Card, then choose payload-update.zip.
10. After that installs, choose to install another zip and install su-2.3.2.1-ef-signed.zip.

How to: Update your DROID Incredible to Leaked Android 2.2 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Will this give me anything more that 2.2 before I'm actually scheduled to get it through regular channels?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As much as I would like to install this on my wife's phone, I am going to end up waiting for Froyota, If it was my device it would have been a done deal

QG9721

Reaction score
Wouldnt you just install the leak by wiping data and cache if you already have clockworks and root and the unrevoked forever?

bgrizzle

Reaction score

*Warning* – For those that aren’t rooted, the steps are pretty simple (read Note 2), just understand that this will wipe your phone completely clean meaning all of your apps will be gone and you’ll need to set up your accounts/settings again. Also be warned that if this is not the official update, it could be extremely difficult to back out of and OTA updates could pass you by. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. You accept all risk involved.

Where it says

I am having problems... can somebody post detailed instructions on how to do this... its like my dinc doesnt recognize it as a zip file or something???!!!

bassmasteraj

Reaction score
Where it says

I am having problems... can somebody post detailed instructions on how to do this... its like my dinc doesnt recognize it as a zip file or something???!!!
Yes rename the file PB31IMG take the .zip off

bgrizzle

Reaction score
Still no luck...

After I go to restart, I get a picture with an explanation point...

My card Is FAT and not FAT32... does that have anything to do with it??

bgrizzle

Reaction score
The picture I see is a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point... its like its not loading the clockwors mod update?????

bgrizzle

Reaction score
OKAY... so i solved my own problem... SD card MUST BE FAT32...

I hope my stupidity helps somebody!