FROYO: Screen turns off when plugged into power

cnmsales

Reaction score
For some reason sense updating to froyo my screen turns off when I have it plugged into power and sitting in the car dock. Before froyo it stayed on. Any way to fix this?

RangerXXX

Reaction score
I had to use locale to set my screen timeout to never when on my desk dock to keep my screen from turning off while playing pandora radio.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ranger. Is this on froyo or 2.1 Also is this plugged into ac power or on battery? Before I updated to froyo when in the dock and plugged into the car charger the screen would stay on.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Any idea why this changed in 2.2? is this just a bug w the current version?

jaed569

Reaction score
You guys should keep in mind that Froyo is experimental (for now) and shouldn't be expected to be flawless. I think this is just one of the bugs.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I am thinking that it was changed in 2.2 due to everyone gripping about the screen staying on in earlier versions. Just a thought..

Asterisk

Reaction score
There is a setting that has to be checked. Go to applications>development and then make sure that stay awake is checked.

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
I love 2.2 so it isn't a complaint for me. I just installed a "screen on" widget for times I need it to stay on-works great. :)

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Asteric. BINGO!!!!! Thanks man, that was driving me NUTS!!!!

jeepfreak99

Reaction score
There is a setting that has to be checked. Go to applications>development and then make sure that stay awake is checked.

Asterisk, Thanks! I just got Froyo today through Verizon's OTA update and this was driving me crazy listening to music in my dock with the screen locking up.
Thanks again!dancedroid

dyno

Reaction score
Now we just need someone to come up with something to keep the dock desk clock mode to stay on like it use too. That screen saver mode with the clock moving around is a joke!

Big Cam

Reaction score
You sir are my hero.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I knew froyo wouldn't screw with me that much, there had to be a setting.

r0tt3n

Reaction score
You da man, Asterick - that's been bugging me for months. Thanks so much!! Too bad it doesn't prevent the bedside docker from doing that moving night clock, darn that thing is irritating to the degree that I no longer use the docker.

Last edited by a moderator: