Froyo Roms, what's the difference????

db1975

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me the difference between all the custom ROMS out there...

example:

Lithium STOCK 2.2 MOD vs. Bugless Beast 2.2 STOCK mod...

no themes...

What is the difference between them or any of the others...most offer a non themed version of the ROM, so are there any differences between the stock versions of each???

warrior21

Reaction score
You have to check out the features and change logs when they put on the roms to see what each one has and what changes they have made from the previouse version. If you go to custom ROMS in the hack section each dev has his own section and they list the ROMS and what comes with them. Really it comes down to personal preference and what works the best on your phone. I try most of the ones that come out but tend to stick to one or two developers since they work the smoothest on my phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A little while ago I tried a number of different roms with the same kernel and no theme. I found virtually no difference in performance as determined by benchmarks (linpack, setcup benchmarks and Quadrant). The roms I tried were BB v0.4, Sapphire 0.8.4, SS 4.5(or 6?), UD5.01. I've been sticking with Sapphaire because it is smooth and flawless and can be themed to my liking. That doesn't mean the others would perform as well. I don't think there is too much real world difference other than themeing (imho & YMMV!!!).