Froyo Roms FUBAR?

grinchy

Reaction score
I have tried bugless...ultimate droid...chevy....etc...rom installs fine....works great...as soon as its themed and a reboot happens...lose all my widgets....anybody else noticing this?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is deleting and replacing them not working?

ACalcutt

Reaction score
If you put them back do they stay? Sometimes the things themed will go away (icons, widgets) when you first apply the theme. Once you add them back they should stay.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Are you wiping before installing? I know this is a rookie question.. wipe 3x... If so, that problem seems out of control

OP
grinchy

grinchy

Reaction score
If I keep the rom (any) unthemed....widgets work fine...etc....however once themed and a reboot...widgets are gone...been seeing this since latest froyo...and yes I have wiped up to 5 times....just irritating the crap out of me...I can tell when its going to happen to....when I reboot and it wants to know which launcher I want to use...like it has forgotten what I selected and setup ;(

hookerdj

Reaction score
of course you lose your widgets because in a clean rom they are not themed and a theme has themed widgets so of course you will lose th eoriginal you just have to replace them once you are themed. and as for ultimate droid for them to be themed you have to install through the ultimate d roid section

I have tried bugless...ultimate droid...chevy....etc...rom installs fine....works great...as soon as its themed and a reboot happens...lose all my widgets....anybody else noticing this?

hookerdj

Reaction score
when you install a theme you are wiping arent you? your not supposed to

If I keep the rom (any) unthemed....widgets work fine...etc....however once themed and a reboot...widgets are gone...been seeing this since latest froyo...and yes I have wiped up to 5 times....just irritating the crap out of me...I can tell when its going to happen to....when I reboot and it wants to know which launcher I want to use...like it has forgotten what I selected and setup ;(

OP
grinchy

grinchy

Reaction score
no just rename to update.zip...and everything is fine for a little while them...have to reinstall widgets all over again...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've used 3 diff Froyo ROMs, all with a theme applied and have not seen this issue.

When first going to Froyo from 2.1..... I did 2 data wipe/factory resets just to be sure.

hookerdj

Reaction score
pretty sure this is user error i have never even heard of any of this happening b4?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Generally after applying a theme you lose your widgets anyway. This is normal. And also you usually have to re-select your default launcher. I don't see anything abnormal here.

sos567656765

Reaction score
I was having similar problems turned out its a2sd, the sd isn't mounted when thehone starts looking for files so they vanished. Since disabling a2sd and moving everything back to internal memory (where it belongs in my opinion) I have not had a single issue.

OP
grinchy

grinchy

Reaction score
apps are installing to internal memory so its not that...I would get all updates...etc...let gmail synch etc....apply theme...apply widgets...reboot and poof widgets are gone...I know how its supposed to work...done this 100x's by now....just not working right.

OP
grinchy

grinchy

Reaction score
Just installed ud rc2....allowed syching etc....applied nextheme via update.zip....lost 3g all together

Reaction score
Step 0: Make a backup of your rom.
Step 1: wipe everything multiple times
Step 2: Install your Froyo Rom of choice
Step 3: boot it up and make sure it works BEFORE installing a theme.
Step 4: Find the theme of your choice.
Step 5: Install the theme using the Update.zip method (if using SPR then rename to Update.zip) otherwise no need to rename.
Step 6: Reselect your main launcher (most themes come with a themed launcher and will require you to reselect the main launcher)
Step 7: Add your widgets, desktop icons, etc.

Thats what you should do be doing :)