Froyo problems with Kernals

jsimps0110

Reaction score
I have recently went back and forth between JRummy's Kangarade and Ultimate Droid's Froyo Extreme 2.5. With both roms I tried to install both the bekit kernals and the Chevys kernals and every time I install them and reboot, my phone keeps restarting continuously after the motorola symbol appears. Is anyone else having similar issues with their froyo roms and kernals?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I am not experiencing that problem. I am running Jrummy's Kangerade Droid X Theme Rom with Chevy's ULV 1200mhz kernel. I have always used the same kernel for all of the roms I have loaded on my phone.

stevonyc35

Reaction score
I have recently went back and forth between JRummy's Kangarade and Ultimate Droid's Froyo Extreme 2.5. With both roms I tried to install both the bekit kernals and the Chevys kernals and every time I install them and reboot, my phone keeps restarting continuously after the motorola symbol appears. Is anyone else having similar issues with their froyo roms and kernals?

try using a different kernel.
start with the chevy's ULV kernel and move up to LV and then MV or standard voltage.

im not having any reboot issues either.

:icon_ banana:

virtaclesmile

Reaction score
I,as well, am not having any issues. I will say, however, that after experimenting with different kernals, that the ultralows, and lows do not work for MY droid. The medium voltage kernels seem to work great. I have read that low voltage kernels could cause boot loops. You might want to try a higher voltage. I currently use 2.6.32-medV-1.0Ghz chevyno1@ubuntu#2 and it works great. Froyo build FRF84B

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try P3's Kernels. They work like a charm. I use a low voltage 125/1100 kernel, no problems.

craighwk

Reaction score
I have the best success with Chevy's 7 slot 1.0 LV kernel. No problems at all and the phone runs cool and smooth.

OP
J

jsimps0110

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, Ive tried all the different ones but to no avail. The odd thing about it is that these same kernals worked when I had UD froyo extreme 2.0 and lower. Now all of a sudden I cant install a new froyo rom with a kernal without the boot loops.