Froyo audio quality bug fixed.. Sapphire devs, please add this fix for next release!

dt_

Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, an employee from Google has closed the bug report for the aac+ decoding issue where Pandora, Slacker, etc. sound terrible in Froyo with Stagefright enabled:

Issue 9308 - android - eaac+ and aac+ decoding sound quality problems (Android 2.2) - Project Hosting on Google Code

@ Sapphire devs: will you be able to incorporate the fix (see the very bottom post) referenced there into the next Sapphire release, please? :) I think many Droid users would be very happy about this, seeing as the source appears to be available for the fix!

Thanks!

captdroid

Reaction score
Now for the update.zip patch to show up before CVPCS releases next update? :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the fix has been committed to source, it will be incorporated automatically the next time cvpcs syncs up with AOSP. My guess (I never want to put words in anyone's mouth ;) ) is that there won't be a "patch" as such, but rather a new minor release that reflects the fix.

captdroid

Reaction score
If the fix has been committed to source, it will be incorporated automatically the next time cvpcs syncs up with AOSP. My guess (I never want to put words in anyone's mouth ;) ) is that there won't be a "patch" as such, but rather a new minor release that reflects the fix.

I agree.. I think CVPCS will put out a minor release at some point...