front touch screen not working/letting me unlock phone

Skiracing108

Reaction score
Last night I had a strange problem... I tried to connect the dots to unlock my phone but it kept registering completely random patterns and locked my phone for 30 seconds, but when I tried to hit the okay button it wouldnt register. When I tried to turn my phone off with the button on top i could not click any of the selections: silent mode, airplane mode, or power off. It took 3 battery pulls and it still did not remedy the problem, but just leaving it on my phone was fine 8 hours the next morning. Does anyone have any idea what caused this or how to prevent it in the future?

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was it connected to your PC at the time? Was it plugged in to the wall?

Often it is this. If you're using a cheap AC charger, it often causes problems like you're describing.

OP
S

Skiracing108

Reaction score
nope, not plugged in to anything at all, I only use the droid charger that came with the phone from verizon

Cesar_ramirez

Reaction score
Big Issue

I have the same problem. It appeared randomly while I was playing a game, then I restarted the phone but the touchscreen was still not working. Then I thought it maybe a problem loading the right services for the screen but I also did a factory reset and the problem is still there. :S

aDroidman

Reaction score
If its the Droid then you have a new problem and you need to talk to Verizon. If its the Droid X then it is a known problem and Verizon and Motorola are working on. There have been a lot of problems with the Droid X and they are trying to fix everything and send out some updates. If the problem is bothering you visit your Verizon store and they should be able to help you. Just make sure your having the problem or they cant help you.