Front Facing Camera

tae111

Reaction score
OK. I've had my Thunderbolt for a few months now and can't seem to figure out why there is a front facing camera. Is there any use for this?

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Video calls. Works with Skype when talking to relatives across the country on their laptops (works fine for me). Also tango when talking to friends and family with phones that also have a front facing camera (I really like this one)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T

tae111

Reaction score
I downloaded Skype from the Market but when I tried to open it I got a message that said it was not supported on my phone.

OP
T

tae111

Reaction score
My daughter just got the iphone 4 and was video chatting with one of her friends right out of the box. It looked really great so I decided to try it with my thunderbolt. I went to Market and downloaded Skype but it wouldn't work. Haven't tried Tango yet. Will I be able to connect with her iphone or does she have to have Tango as well?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
My daughter just got the iphone 4 and was video chatting with one of her friends right out of the box. It looked really great so I decided to try it with my thunderbolt. I went to Market and downloaded Skype but it wouldn't work. Haven't tried Tango yet. Will I be able to connect with her iphone or does she have to have Tango as well?

She would need to have tango as well. Check Skype again. I think they did some updates and I think it supports the bolt now... You can also use the new google talk I believe, I don't know if it is supported by the Bolt though...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Yes tango works as long as the other person has tango on their phone as well. And Skype does work on the tbolt now. I've used it already a few times.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Ayo

Reaction score
Skype video using front facing camera works fine on the Thunderbolt with version 2.3.4 (Gingerbread), which Verizon made available for OTA update for a very short period on or about 9/28/11. Then, users discovered problems with Gingerbread (mainly, no voicemail notifications), so Verizon pulled the update and promised a fix. Just this morning (Oct. 15), I noticed that VM notifications are coming through, so Verizon must have fixed the problem, but I don't know if they made Gingerbread available once again for OTA update yet. Meanwhile, if you're lucky enough to have updated to 2.3.4 Gingerbread, you can use Skype with the front facing camera so people you communicate with can see you while you see them, picture-in-picture. It works well.

kdsmom

Reaction score
for some reason my pictures from front facing camera are very blurry....well more of a soft focus. This has not always been the case. How can I get camera back to normal pictures? Thank you.