front facing camera for calls

richalarmsz

Reaction score
I thought the bionic was able to use the front camera for calls much like the iphone... Anyone know how to do this?

Spydaz

Reaction score
Yes. You can use it for Google Talk Video Calls as well as skype video calls.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yiannis

Reaction score
Yes. You can use it for Google Talk Video Calls as well as skype video calls.

It appears that with Skype you have to enable video in the settings because it doesn't detect which phone it is on. Will be testing it today...

devils3023

Reaction score
I started a thread about the difficulty im having tryin to use the google talk video chat...not likely a phone issue prob just user error.

anuraj1

Reaction score
hmm, did a skype call with a coworker that has an Evo 4g. I can see him but he can't see me.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
I have no problem doing it with Google Talk. Havent tried with skype yet. Remember you HAVE to have a solid 4g connection for the video call to work. If someone wants to test out skype my ID is SNewman02

devils3023

Reaction score
I have no problem doing it with Google Talk. Havent tried with skype yet. Remember you HAVE to have a solid 4g connection for the video call to work. If someone wants to test out skype my ID is SNewman02

I believe you can use wifi as well for video calling...but i havent even gotten to that point yet...unable to add any friends to my gtalk :(

DoctorV

Reaction score
I tried to use an app called Qik Video but it keeps crashing every time I select the video chat function. I'll have to troubleshoot that one of these days. There's too many other cool things to try out at the moment :)

Arius1

Reaction score
Skype I don't think will work with the Bionic yet it's a Skype issue. Skype also stated the Droid charge was compatible and that's what I had before I go the Bionic and it would work but it never used the front facing camera. I tried running skype but it won't let me log in on the Bionic.

Honestly I think Tango is a much better app than Skype. Works on iOS and Android OS. PC isn't ready yet but should be soon.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Skype I don't think will work with the Bionic yet it's a Skype issue. Skype also stated the Droid charge was compatible and that's what I had before I go the Bionic and it would work but it never used the front facing camera. I tried running skype but it won't let me log in on the Bionic.

Honestly I think Tango is a much better app than Skype. Works on iOS and Android OS. PC isn't ready yet but should be soon.
I wasn't able to log into Skype at first but eventually I could. And there is a video setting in Skype so you should be able to use the FFC for calls. I haven't used it yet but I plan to this weekend.

Arius1

Reaction score
I just got in and enabled the calls. It does pickup you have a front and back camera but neither one activates. You just get black for either call. Skype will have put out an update in order for this to work. Another reason I don't like Skype anymore it takes them way to long to send updates.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score

you may be right. Just tried a video skype bionic to pc call. I could see the PC video on my bionic but the PC did not see my face. It was a 10 minute call. Tried it on both wifi and 4g and both acted the same way.