From Maxx to Nexus!

benz0

Reaction score
Hello all, didn't think I wanted to do it. But I am very impressed with my Nexus..battery and camera is the only Achilles heels to the Nexus.
But the SCREEN and ROMS are balls to the walls!!! :) :) :) :hail::icon_ banana:DancingNexusdancedroid

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello all, didn't think I wanted to do it. But I am very impressed with my Nexus..battery and camera is the only Achilles heels to the Nexus.
But the SCREEN and ROMS are balls to the walls!!! :) :) :) :hail::icon_ banana:DancingNexusdancedroid
Welcome,we were wondering,what was taking you so long.If you dont mind me asking,what's the Achilles heel of the cam?

OP
B

benz0

Reaction score
Picture doesn't look as sharp and had tons of blurry pictures. Tired multiple camera apps and found one that looks decent enough. The RAZR wasn't great, but slightly better.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Make sure you are tapping the screen to focus before the shot (camera). And get the extended battery. Boom, good to go! :biggrin:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats on making the switch!

I find that if you do what tgyberg suggested it takes pretty decent pictures, at leat IMO it does.

Caesars

Reaction score
At first i was like "who would do this" ..Now i just wonder if my maxx is on the low end of the hardware spectrum lol :-(.

Grats on your new nexus mate!

Googorola MAXX

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup, gotta tap to focus that image. Makes a world of difference instead of just aiming and shooting. The camera has far exceeded my expectations. Lowlight and indoors it's alright, outside in the sunlight, it looks as good as any other camera on a phone imo.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Yup, gotta tap to focus that image. Makes a world of difference instead of just aiming and shooting. The camera has far exceeded my expectations. Lowlight and indoors it's alright, outside in the sunlight, it looks as good as any other camera on a phone imo.

I am getting mine tomorrw, so to get clear pics you need to focus the screeen by tappin it prior to shooting?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I am getting mine tomorrw, so to get clear pics you need to focus the screeen by tappin it prior to shooting?
Yes. This is also a basic feature on many smartphones. It allows the camera to focus on the spot you tap on

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Wow... 9 month since release and the Nexus is still going strong DancingNexus DancingNexus DancingNexus

Yes it is!! Still loving mine :)

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

en28so

Reaction score
Getting mine on the 21st of this month from BB for free! Hopefully by then they still have the sale!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
So which phone, in your opinion, has the better cell signal?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow... 9 month since release and the Nexus is still going strong DancingNexus DancingNexus DancingNexus
Can't believe it's been this long already, still feels like day 1:hail::hail::hail::hail: