From C_01.3E.03P BB v1.1 to the new Froyo .4 based ROM?

drek

Reaction score
I'm running C_01.3E.03P BB v1.1 and would like to upgrade to the new .4 Froyo 2.2 version. Is there anything special I need to do first or is it just download and rename it then push to the phone and load in SP Recovery?

myDownfall

Reaction score
Nothing special needs to be done. I'd recommend making a backup before making the switch, but that's a given and always good practice.

Wipe
Install v0.4 via update.zip
install kernel(if you so choose) via update.zip
install theme(if you so choose) via update.zip
install new baseband as update.zip

Once you install the baseband, you will have to dial *228 and press '1'. That's all that i did when making the jump.

OP
drek

drek

Reaction score
That's what I ended up doing. I haven't loaded a custom kernel or theme yet though. But yesterday on the old BB v1.1 I ran Quadrant and got a score of 395. Today after jumping to v0.4 I scored a 1062. Off to try smoked glass for 0.4 and what ever else.

Thanks for the reply!

myDownfall

Reaction score
That's quite the jump. lol And no problem. dancedroid

I would recommend trying P3's kernels or Chevy1's. Just preference, obviously.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And you don't always need LV or uLV kernels... sometimes you get better performance from SV or MV kernels. I'm running Chevy' MV 1.0GHz kernel and my Droid runs from 25c to rarely over 40c at full load use..... I do get ever so slightly less battery life but not so that my Droid doesn't make it thru the day on one charge... usually end up with 20%-30% after heavy usages of browser and GPS besides other normal use in a day.