from BB storm to a Droid X, what im missing now....

MADDMOE

Reaction score
I left my Blackberry Storm in the dust for the Droid X & since i text alot im missing how i used to have certain words pre-stored in my BB library that i could just hit certain keys to brong up any words that i want, does anyone know if you can accomplish this with the Droid......?

khalford

Reaction score
Add words to dictionary

I too switched from BB Storm to Droid X.

Here's how to add words to your dictionary.

Select Settings.
Select Language & Keyboard from the options listed. (Located below Search for some reason.)
Select User Dictionary.
Press the menu key, and click the "+" button to add words

You can edit or delete existing words by simply selecting the word and you get a popup menu asking which you'd like to do.

Happy Droiding!
dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In that same section of the settings you will see keyboard selections that will suggest words, the suggestion will pop in when you are typing and you tap the word to add it. I had the Blackberry Storm and it's no different, either that or I've just got use to the Droid. I don't remember anything special about the Storm.

Bet you don't miss waiting 10 minutes for your browser to bring up a page.;)

:welcome: to the Forum I think you'll find some little differences and a learning curve with the X and a Storm but it will be worth getting use to. It's not a Blackberry.

OP
M

MADDMOE

Reaction score
thank you for those tid bits but i knew of those settinga already what i meant was on my BB storm i had it set so i could only type MM ( IM 10 minutes away ) or MMM ( IM 15 minutes away ) & so on , you could set certain keys to bring up whatever phase you wanted it to type you cant do that with the droid but believe me i for one am very happy i switched & now that i downloaded the APP ASEE i can now also see my security cameras on my house (all 4 of em) on my droid, im esstatic lol, no more of my teenage sons sneaky girls in my house lmao

anyone can help with maybe a new app for this solution or problem ...?

Last edited: