free ring tones

tankdiesel

Reaction score
Good evening. New to the Droid. Just switched from Blackberry Bold 9700. What is the best free ring tone site for the droid? Thanks!

The Donut Pirate

Reaction score
I use the app Music Wizard to find songs and download them, and then I use the app Ringdroid to make the ringtones.

spooby54

Reaction score
Zedge is a really good app for the droid that you can download ringtones and wallpapers all for free.

jlnguyen

Reaction score
i just use the RingDroid app to make my own ringtones from my music folder.

jgumphress

Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum. You will get a lot of friendly help here.

Any audio you have on your PC you can drag and drop into the Droid's SD card and make it a ring tone, alert tone, or whatever. Forget everything you know about cell phones in the past. This is a Droid. You have control here, not the phone manufacture.

Plug your Droid cable into the USB of you PC and "mount" the SD card. Create a new folder and name it "media". Open that folder and create another folder and name it "audio". Open that folder and create three folders and name them "ringtones", "alarms", and "notifications". Now whatever you put into the respective folder will show up in the tone list when you are setting tones on the Droid.

Use Google and search for sound snips if you want special sounds like TV show sounds or whatever. Most all snipits are free for the downloading.

Enjoy.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any audio you have on your PC you can drag and drop into the Droid's SD card and make it a ring tone, alert tone, or whatever. Forget everything you know about cell phones in the past. This is a Droid. You have control here, not the phone manufacture.
As long as it's a supported format. And it's not a first for the Droid or anything.

jgumphress

Reaction score
how do you mount the SD card?

Welcome to the Forum.
To mount just plug you USB cable from you Droid into your computer USB (I'm speraking PC now, can't say for Apple) then drop down your tool bar on the top of your Droid's screen, touch the "USB Connected" on that screen, then select "Mount". Open up "My Computer" on your PC and open the your new drive. It will be like a flash drive now. I renamed mine "Droid" so it would be easy to locate each time I mount because I have so many external drives attached to my PC. When you double click the drive you will be able to see every thing that is on you Droid's SD card.

Hqrse

Reaction score
Thank you ! I found it but the terms look like I give them access to everything, contacts, etc... Isn't this a problem ?

jgumphress

Reaction score
Thank you ! I found it but the terms look like I give them access to everything, contacts, etc... Isn't this a problem ?

If you read the statements on all of your apps you will find that most of them do that. I haven't had any problem with the app. It works pretty well.