Free EasyTether and 2.2.1????

currensy

Reaction score
since i updated to 2.2.1, I wonder if i can use easytether without verizon knowing...I'm guessing since I unchecked "usb tethering" in the Wireless network section, they shouldnt notice right??? Tell me if you guys are using it without any problems because Wireless Tether speeds are just awful

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you rooted? If you're rooted then use either of the apps from my signature. If you're not rooted then you'll need to use PDA Net, Proxoid (if it's even still on the Market) or Easy Tether to tether your Droid.

OP
C

currensy

Reaction score
yes I rooted with Super One Click with superuser, but I didn't think it matter with easy tether just wifi tether...so that means they won't charge you if you're rooted right?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Easy Tether requires you run a program on any computer you tether. The app from the link in my sig will work on any computer as long as you install a driver. Easy Tether costs about $10, last I knew. The apps in my signature are free.

Verizon will not charge you for tethering as long as they don't know you're tethering. Tethering is a violation of your TOS.