Ford Announces Partnership with Amazon for Smart Home Connected Vehicles of the Future

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ford-and-amazon-echo.jpg

Image Source: SlashGear

Even though Ford was rumored to be in talks to launch Google's self-driving fleet of cars, that hasn't slowed them down from developing other relationships in the tech world. The perfect example was just announced officially today at CES. Ford shared that they have teamed up with Amazon to facilitate the smart home connected cars of the future.

Basically, this new partnership will allow cars using Ford's third-generation SYNC connectivity system to hook up directly with the Amazon Echo voice-recognition system. That means very soon (assuming you have one of Ford's newer vehicles with the SYNC 3 system), you will be able to ask Alexa to remote start your vehicle, or evaluate its electric range (for electric vehicles). Alternatively, if you are out on the road, you can ask Alexa (through a smartphone app) to open your garage doors before you get home, etc.

These are just the first few examples of this improved partnership between Ford and Amazon. Ultimately, it looks like Ford is very serious about being ahead of the curve in terms of the connected vehicles of the future. Sound off and let us know what you think of this latest motor vehicle mobility news.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What happens when I piss off my smart house and she locks me out?

R

RETG

Let's see; push the button on the homelink system on the roof console or push a button and ask Alexa to open the garage door. Sounds like a wash to me.;) But can she also be programmed to turn off the Alarm too when the door opens?:eek:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Looks like Ford has covered all bases as they have partnered with Apple and Google as well.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's only a rumor that Google partnered with Ford. We will have to wait to see if that pans out.