Force Touch On The Note 8?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s8-home-button-jpg.77736

One of the main features of the iPhone 7 is force touch. This technology incorporates a touch sensitive display to enable you to access different shortcuts on your homescreen, and many other features. We got a small touch with this on the Galaxy S8 with the homebutton. The home button provides a bit of haptic feedback when pressed.

A new report out of South Korea suggest that the Note 8 will feature a force touch display. The display will react to varying amounts of pressure responding in different ways. Of course the Note 8 will have the pressure sensitive home button that is found on the Galaxy S8, but the rest of the screen may also be pressure sensitive. This is not confirmed, but we will know for sure on August 23!

via SamMobile

Attachments

• galaxy-s8-home-button.jpg
    galaxy-s8-home-button.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,864

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this would be nice feature to the Note8 to incorporate.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
not too sure about the forced touch, I hope it can be turned off. I already have issues with accidentally turning features on when handling

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are there any Android phones on the market with this feature right now?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I believe the iphone has this feature but its not android. I did a search and could not find any...

edit----
some days it just don't pay to do a search. just did another one and found a couple of phones. I am not familiar with them so not sure of the os.

Huawei’s Mate S and the ZTE Axon Mini.

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Force touch is another name for long press. Apple couldn't say they invented long press because it has been on Android for a while so they used same feature but called it force touch. Now Samsung being xerox of Apple are trying to cash in on 10 year old tech under different name.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Can someone explain how this is better or more useful than long pressing to get different options?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk