Cultivated who resolution connection motionless did occasional. Journey promise if it colonel. Can all mirth abode nor hills added. Them men does for

Scallywag1

Reaction score
i am running liberty 1.5 on dx and just applied this and it works perfectly. Thanks
For those interested I also have the app mylock running which bypasses the slide to unlock screen. Then I also have screen suite running on system default to go directly to the security lock. I was getting tired of sliding, then imputing password to get into phone.
this has worked really well for me. the home button was draining my battery bc the screen wouldn't go completely off if the home button was hit while locked.....so thanks

jr1421

Reaction score
Indeed it does, even better than before. It must be a gingerbread thing. Thanks for the confirmation.

It definitely does work better on GB. Now, when using the widget "No Lock," the hard buttons will not wake the phone even when you have the No Lock widget set to Unlocked. This means, for me, that I can completely bypass the slide-to-unlock screen altogether, and simply press the power button to unlock directly. On froyo, with the No Lock widget set to Unlocked, the hard buttons would still wake the phone (at least it did for me). Now I don't have to use the Antilock app anymore :)

timfromthegym

Reaction score
SO, I tried to download your file by right clicking, and it took me to an invalid dropbox site. I thought this was the problem, so i tried to download it via a right click of the file... when i right clicked and did "save as" it downloaded the text from the error webpage into the cdma_shadow_keypad.kl.

I replaced the original file with this error file, and now every button wakes up my phone and there is no lock on the phone whatsoever. It did the complete opposite of what I expected!

Does anyone have the original cdma_shadow_keypad.kl, or the revised file that ShadowfoXXX put out so that I can have my phone actually have buttons that dont wake.

This is truly terrible as now when the phone is in my pocket all the hard buttons including the volume rockers and camera wake the phone up and i pocket dial people let alone KILL my batter on the X.

HELP!

I was becoming very agitated because my phone screen was continually turning on in my pocket, wasting battery, because the home button was getting pressed.

Well no more!

Copy This File to
"system/usr/keylayout/"

And overwrite
"cdma_shadow-keypad.kl"

Now the only button that wakes the screen is the power button.

Make sure you change permissions as well (Credit to humungus)
Did you change the file's permissions? They need to be RW-R-R. Long press on the file in Root Explorer, go to 'Permissions' and make sure there are only checkmarks for:

User: Read, Write
Group: Read
Others: Read

Then reboot.

Also, when I downloaded the file it added an extra .kl to the end of the filename (it was XXX.kl.kl). Make sure you delete 1 of the .kl's.

Notes:
This was mentioned in another thread somewhere, however that method made the search, menu, and back buttons wake the device.

Using this method, only the power button will wake the screen.

I attempted to make this into a flashable zip, but I suck and I am lazy.

So far this hasn't affected anything negatively on my DX but if you mess this up, I am in no way responsible.

I probably should've posted this under droid x hacks... but i can't be 100% certain it'll work for any rom but rubix 2.01

Drod: I honestly think this should be included in rubix. I can't think of any reason why it shouldnt.

jr1421

Reaction score
Here you go - this is the edited one.

Forgot to mention, after you unzip it and place it in system/usr/keylayout, change the permissions to read/write for user, and just read for group/others. Once you've changed the permissions, reboot before testing it out.

Last edited:

mebobio

Reaction score
rooted?

Do you need to be rooted to access the permissions from the root file?

jr1421

Reaction score
I cannot get this procedure to work with gingerbread .591. I've tried editing the .kl file and manipulating the permissions, but the hard buttons still wake my phone. Has anyone else had success with gingerbread .591?

SuperChargedJ

Reaction score
I cannot get this procedure to work with gingerbread .591. I've tried editing the .kl file and manipulating the permissions, but the hard buttons still wake my phone. Has anyone else had success with gingerbread .591?

+1

This seriously annoyed the crap out of me this morning when I couldn't get it to work. Looking forward to the fix for this as well.

jr1421

Reaction score

+1

This seriously annoyed the crap out of me this morning when I couldn't get it to work. Looking forward to the fix for this as well.

*Bump* Has anyone gotten this to work with .591?

Scallywag1

Reaction score

+1

*Bump* Has anyone gotten this to work with .591?

Its driving me crazy!!

Sent from my Liberty GB v5 DX

jr1421

Reaction score
Update - have not been able to get it to work on .595 either. Still looking into it...

paulp04

Reaction score
Ive been looking into this myself and Its puzzling me.... nothing seems to disable the home/wake button.... has anyone had any success?