Fomat SD card that isn't recognised

glatteis

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Ascend Y300
So, my phone managed to corrupt my 8GB micro SD to the extend that it can't even connect and see the data again. I am on vacation and have no possibility to use a PC (normally I just format the card with my PC). I do not want to recover any data, I just want to use my SD card again. I have a rooted Huawei Ascend Y300, rooted with towelroot (so no custom ROM, just terminal emulator and everything.) Android does not even recognise the SD card, is there a way to format it?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
The answer is, probably not. You could go to a computer store to see if they would let you use one of their systems that has a card reader but It seems you need the storage and it may be less hassle to just buy another one.

P

promo87

So, my phone managed to corrupt my 8GB micro SD to the extend that it can't even connect and see the data again. I am on vacation and have no possibility to use a PC (normally I just format the card with my PC). I do not want to recover any data, I just want to use my SD card again. I have a rooted Huawei Ascend Y300, rooted with towelroot (so no custom ROM, just terminal emulator and everything.) Android does not even recognise the SD card, is there a way to format it?
Well, I don't think you can make your way out of it without using the PC. I am sure you must be staying at some ...... so what you can do is ask the staff to format your SD card. I am sure they can do this for you ! Other than this there isn't any way to get past over it !