[Follow-Up] HTC Desire 820 to be First 64-bit Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
qualcommDesire820.jpg

We have further confirmation of a story we posted last week as well as some additional details. The rumor last Wednesday was that the next version of the HTC Desire would end up with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, which will make it the first 64-bit Android device. That rumor has been confirmed by both Qualcomm and HTC.

htc-desire-820.png

As you can see in the two above pics, the next HTC Desire product will be called the HTC Desire 820. Furthermore, both of them confirm the rumor that the phone will have the 64-bit Snapdragon 615 inside.

In fact, it's the combination of these two pics along with their respective info releases that confirms this intel. Qualcomm themselves indicated that HTC would have the first use of the Snapdragon 615, while HTC's Tweet indicated that their HTC Desire 820 would have the world's first 8-core 64-bit Qualcomm chip.

Source: TalkAndroid

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Well, I guess somebody had to be first with the 615. I think I'd rather wait for Android L and the 810 though and happily continue using my G2 which seem to get faster each day.