Folders??

lucky

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is there a way to add folders to the "swipe up" screen (whatever it's called)? Not one of the home screens, I know you can add folders there to drop apps into and it's very convenient to keep the screen clean and less cluttered. But I can't find a way to do that on the main screen where all of the aps load to when they are downloaded. I'd love to add folders specific to different types of apps so there aren't a ton of apps to swipe through, and just add/go to those folders for what I'm looking for...

xliderider

Reaction score
AFAIK, you can't do it from the native OS. A Home replacement app like DxTop might be able to do it.

An app called apps organizer can organize all your apps by labels (categories), then you can view them in apps organizer by their label categories, or you can create folders on your desktop with custom icons:

122609.png

The multimedia and the 4 folders across the bottom of the screen were created by using the long press on the home screen, shortcut, Apps Organizer option.

Additionally, when you open the App Organizer application, you get either an Apps view of all your apps or Label view. Label view might be what you want, the apps are grouped within the icon that they have been "labelled" under. So you will see a list like Multimedia, Apps, Utilities, etc. with the same nice icons as the screenshot above. Pressing on the label icon opens the list of icons within. Again, hard to explain but good in practice.

Screenshot doesn't work in this app with Home++, but here are some pics:

Apps view (note the labels assigned under the app names):

IMG_1511.jpg

Label view (apps grouped by assigned labels):

IMG_1512.jpg

You can then tap on each "Label" to expand the "folder" to see the apps within each category. You assign apps with more than one Label, give the Labels custom icons, rename the Label groups, add your own label groups, etc.

Last edited:

eNonsense

Reaction score
You can organize your drawer apps by catageory if you're using the dxTop home replacement.

4197224791_33ab326996.jpg

Better than folders in my opinion. Though dxTop does have some problems. I used dxTop for about a month. I wasn't getting FCs, but it often lagged when you return to the home screen after closing or navigating away from an application. dxTop also keeps app icons cached differently than other homes so it can supposedly load up your screen and drawer faster, but it sometimes looses it's icon cache so it takes about 15 seconds to reload all your drawer icons. I don't know that this special icon caching even helps anyways.

You should try dxTop anyways though. Maybe you wont have these problems. I really like some of it's features and I was dealing with these speed issues for quite a while so I could still use it, so it must be pretty nice. I'm using Home++ right now, but I do still switch back to dxTop sometimes.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good info. Wasn't aware DxTop had that function.

... and nice pictures of Apps organizer... good explanation too.