Folders for the Droid

krmman1962

Reaction score
I am using Astro to organize my folders. I created a new folder short cut on my desk top. I want to rename it. How do I find it in Astro. What is the path?

I also created some PDF using Scan2go. I can't seem to delete the. Can anyone can help?

metsnfins

Reaction score
If you make a folder on your homescreen, is there an easy way to move it to another homescreen (another of the 3)

phone

Reaction score
If you make a folder on your homescreen, is there an easy way to move it to another homescreen (another of the 3)

You can drag and drop it. It doesn't work easily but you can. Pull it over to the edge you want, and then drag it up and down that edge until it moves to the other side. It takes some practice.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Long press... drag the icon to the edge of the screen... hold it there and the screen will 'scroll' to the next. You don't have to move the icon up and down to get the screen to scroll.... just wait a second and it'll move on it's own :)

MrTommy

Reaction score
More great info

Gee, I was wondering what I had to do to create the folders others were talking about moving. I'm thinking, "How do I move folders when I don't have folders? Well, now I know. Thanks again "DroidForums" for filling in where the phone manual falls pitifully short - ha. :rockon:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gee, I was wondering what I had to do to create the folders others were talking about moving. I'm thinking, "How do I move folders when I don't have folders? Well, now I know. Thanks again "DroidForums" for filling in where the phone manual falls pitifully short - ha. :rockon:

Manual? LOL.You mean that little folded piece of paper they sent with the Droid?:)

Laurence5905

Reaction score
There is a "full" manual online:
http://tinyurl.com/yh759yc

It covers most of the basics -- more than the little piece of paper that the phone came with. But it's still not the end-all-be-all of Droid information you'll get here on this forum.

Oh, and it's a .PDF file so make sure you've got Adobe Acrobat Reader installed...

MrTommy

Reaction score
Forget that on-line manual too!

I downloaded that on-line manual, had my wife print it out at work and studied it before I got my Droid. While it is somewhat better than that little folder, it's not much. I've gotten ALL my useful, important, necessary knowledge RIGHT HERE. I spend inordinate amounts of time on this site (much to the dismay of my wife - ha).

Eventually I'll be a true "Droidian"...:yeahbaby01:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I downloaded that on-line manual, had my wife print it out at work and studied it before I got my Droid. While it is somewhat better than that little folder, it's not much. I've gotten ALL my useful, important, necessary knowledge RIGHT HERE. I spend inordinate amounts of time on this site (much to the dismay of my wife - ha).

Eventually I'll be a true "Droidian"...:yeahbaby01:

this site can become addictive.

Sleeve

Reaction score
I actually really like smartphones that have afterthought manuals because they make sites like this possible. Just think how long it would take someone to write everything in this site in a manual and get it through corporate approvers.