FM Tuner?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know I didn't see any mention of it in the FCC documents but do you guys think the Bionic will have an FM radio tuner like the D3? I know the D3 wasn't really advertised with it but it has one. You just have to download the fm radio app from Moto.

It won't be a problem for me if the Bionic doesn't have one but I kind of hope it does.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like one of the spec sheets we have seen mentioned it... maybe it was the Best Buy Mobile Buyers Guide had it...

lanza_david

Reaction score
It would be nice if these phones came with an HD radio tuner. FM is good, but HD would be great.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Ususally you can hook up an adaptor the the headphone jack that has an fm attenna. Personally I just use tune-in radio app to stream local radio stations.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh wow I totally missed it and I have the buyers guide sitting on the table. Thanks guys. Man am I glad it has an fm tuner. Now I can listen to the radio at work if I grt tired of listening to my own music.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Thanks for checking... after I replied I went to go check but got distracted in the process and never got back around to it

I would advise against trusting that Best Buy buyers guide. The guide also shows a dot to represent the Droid Charge of having an FM radio tuner and it absolutely positively does NOT have one. Source Samsung DROID Charge Review And on top of that my friend and my wife have a Droid Charge and confirmed that it does not.

That doesn't mean the Bionic doesn't have an FM radio. It's still unknown at this point unless someone else has a more reliable source other than the Best Buy guide.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Every moto CDMA phone since the T720 has had it. This one will. Even the droid 1 had it. Just needed to be enabled.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Every moto CDMA phone since the T720 has had it. This one will. Even the droid 1 had it. Just needed to be enabled.

FM Transmitter on the D1??

After only a small bit of searching, everything I have found says that the hardware is there but no one was ever able to figure out how to enable and use the FM transceiver on the D1... do you have any knowldege of it working, or just that the hardware is there?

googlelover

Reaction score
FM Transmitter on the D1??

After only a small bit of searching, everything I have found says that the hardware is there but no one was ever able to figure out how to enable and use the FM transceiver on the D1... do you have any knowldege of it working, or just that the hardware is there?
The hardware is there, but there is no antenna for it to work, so even though they got the FM radio activated etc. they had no way of actually sending/receiving FM signals, now if you wanted to open up your droid and find a way to connect the FM radio to your headphone jack then mod all the necessary files you could have FM on your droid! Doesn't sound worth it huh?