FM Transmitter

Reaction score
Not sure if the phone is even capable of doing so, but it'd be really sweet if there was an app that could transmit radio signals to an FM station so you can listen to your music in the car or wherever. I know they make them and you can plug them into your mp3 player, but I'd like to be able to say "Theres an app for that!"

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I guess I'm a little late, and still no update or fix? Disappointing....

issues636

Reaction score
yeah still nothing. its something i hope for all the time. cause i keep my transmitter in my car and when im in my moms or cousins, sometimes we wanna listen to it. but i honestly doubt it'll ever happen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The DI has FM Radio.

issues636

Reaction score
its not fm radio being looked for. its an fm transmitter. meaning playing my mp3s on my droid on the same frequency set on my radio in my car, therefore transmitting my mp3s to my car stereo.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
its not fm radio being looked for. its an fm transmitter. meaning playing my mp3s on my droid on the same frequency set on my radio in my car, therefore transmitting my mp3s to my car stereo.

You should be able to use the same FM transmitter you use for satellite radio you just plug the aux cable into your droid instead of into the satellite radio dancedroid

Reaction score

You should be able to use the same FM transmitter you use for satellite radio you just plug the aux cable into your droid instead of into the satellite radio dancedroid

Yep that's the answer, I use my FM transmitter across all my toys to get music/podcasts etc to my car radio.

issues636

Reaction score

Yep that's the answer, I use my FM transmitter across all my toys to get music/podcasts etc to my car radio.

i already do that. well, i don't have an aux port in my car so i use a cassette adapter in one car and a cigarette lighter fm transmitter in my other car. but what the OP was looking for was an FM transmitter built INTO the phone, where i can set the frequency the Droid and it goes right to the radio, kinda like a SiriusXM radio has built into it. in order to eliminate the need for a wired transmitter or something extra to carry when switching between cars.

th3gh0st

Reaction score
I thought, or heard, that the moto droid had a fm transmitter built in it. But I guess that I'm wrong because no one ever confirmed it.

Droids

Reaction score
Moto Droid does have an FM transceiver in it, but it's never been made to work, not reliably at least. Someone made an app that will tune to stations but it's still too broken to use, like it's disabled in hardware or something.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
transmitter that works for 5 bucks

Bought this fm transmitter at a store for 5 bucks and its the best ive ever used blows away bluetooth connection (bc it plays music without draining battery with the bluetooth signal on) and beats running an aux cable to your droid. Sorry if the image is so big trying to post from my fiances netbook lol.

jacki.jpg

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Bought this fm transmitter at a store for 5 bucks and its the best ive ever used blows away bluetooth connection (bc it plays music without draining battery with the bluetooth signal on) and beats running an aux cable to your droid. Sorry if the image is so big trying to post from my fiances netbook lol.

jacki.jpg

This looks cool, Ive seen it on tv.. can you stream music from yer phone to the stereo?