FM player quirks

Parasol

Reaction score
Ok, on the Droid X, there is an FM player software. When I launch it, it says it needs a device that's plugged into the headphone port to play. I connect my headphone, relaunch, and it plays fine. I then go into the settings, and there's an option to play it thru the speakers (back of phone), it works, until as soon as I remove the headphone plug, it exit and say I need to connect the plug in to play again. Anyone else find this stupid?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Not sure if it would work but try buying a 3.5mm male/male or female/male adapter to plug in instead of head phones. That way you lose the bulk of the headphones them self.

JACK25-35.jpg

d33p

Reaction score
Not sure if it would work but try buying a 3.5mm male/male or female/male adapter to plug in instead of head phones. That way you lose the bulk of the headphones them self.

that would deff. work but mind you OP, you'd lose all the quality. i tried that with a trimmed headphone male plug (from a headphone, obviously, but the cords are cut) and all i hear is static and only a hint of music.

OP
P

Parasol

Reaction score
Ok, thank you. So it doesn't have an integrated antenna. It uses the headphone copper cable as the antenna. Thanks, this is interesting.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even old-school walkmans worked this way. It's just that modern devices are smart enough to know the headphones/antenna aren't plugged in. Back in the walkman days, you just wouldn't get any FM reception.