Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Thanks Teddy for your help but I still must be doing something wrong
syntax error
because I am getting the following when I type in your first command:

C:\android\tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
040363211901D017 recovery

Well, that looks good and just as it should.

Code:
C:\android\tools>adb shell
# mv/sdcard/flash_image/system/bin/flash_image
mv/sdcard/flash_image/system/bin/flash_image
mv/sdcard/flash_image/system/bin/flash_image: not found
#

Well the first thing that glares out to me is the syntax in the above. Syntax needs to be exact, and that means the exact command(s) including the spaces between them. In the above I see NO space where it should be in your first command. The exact command I gave you(copy/paste if you need to):
Code:
mv /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
Your rendition of it:
Code:
mv/sdcard/flash_image/system/bin/flash_image
I hope now that the difference is obvious, lots of spaces missing up there. I do not post this to make you feel stupid, I just post to make it perfectly clear to you and the readers who come along later. When you are dealing with command line commands, syntax needs to followed EXACTLY or the ONLY result will be a FAILURE.

The only other thing _might_ be that you didn't have the flash_image file on your sdcard, but the syntax error above would still have stopped you.

OP
T

thanif19

Reaction score
well I caught the syntax error as well after I posted and attempted to fix it but this is still what I got:

# mv /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
mv: not found

the comuter I am using also gave me a lot of problem with RSDLite when I was first rooting and flashing sprecovery via SBF so I am going to try another computer to see if it fixes the problem. I doubt but I want to exhaust every avenue.

OP
T

thanif19

Reaction score
well I finally fixed the problem thanks to your help. for some reason I couldn't get it to work via adb shell so I took fur's advice and just flashed another rom and then it fixed the bootloop problem. THanks again to every one for your help!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
# mv /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
mv: not found
Well glad you got it going, and this is the second time I have seen this, uggh! I was helping a guy via my site with the same problem. I don't know why but the phone acts like /system/bin/ is not in its #PATH as that is where the 'mv' command is according to this document:

ADB Shell Command Reference - Android Wiki

So just for kicks for anyone else, I guess prepending "/system/bin/" in front of the commands would have to be done. i.e.:

/system/bin/mv /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image

OP
T

thanif19

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help, the amount of support one can get from these boards is better than the manufacturer at times.