flashed to metro PCS and no MMS or Internet! HELP! PLEASE!

Cptdolce

Reaction score
I bought a phone and paid for it to get flashed over to Metro PCS but I do not have MMS or Internet I took it to two different people and they tried everything I am all out of ideas on what to do I need help because one guy said that I might need a new radio for the phone and I have no clue what that is and I want to know what it is. (I have the Samsung Fascinate from Verizon flashed to Metro PCS)

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
The radio is just a software update/change. Does the phone have a SIM card? If so, have you tried using a new SIM card? Also you can check the APN settings. They are more than likely still set to Verizons network. They should be in the network menu. Google "APN settings for Samsung fascinate". You might be able to call metro pcs to get that info. I'm about tapped out now so good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

OP
C

Cptdolce

Reaction score
It doesn't have a SIM card it's CDMA and i'll check for APN settings but what should I check for in the APN settings?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Start by finding the correct APN settings for metro pcs. Then compare those settings to yours and make sure they match. If they don't, thats why you don't have mms and data. Follow these steps (some might be slightly different for your phone): tap menu > wireless & networks > mobile network > APN > menu > new APN. From there enter the info for metro pcs. Here are the settings for Verizon:

Name: Verizon
APN: internet
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Then hit menu > save

Hit home and see if you can send yourself a text message. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

OP
C

Cptdolce

Reaction score
Okay I did that and saw that everything is still set to the VZW setting in the phone and I also went to the MMS Provisioning and everything under that is set under VZW also I asked a couple questions to the person I took it to and he said every time it would reboot it would go back to what it was previously.