flash not bright

JTDroid

Reaction score
there will be times when u se the camera and the flash works fine but afterwards the flash is very dim and the pics come out without flash, is that happening to anyone else?

OP
J

JTDroid

Reaction score
Yea i have an flashlight app but dont use it that often, and the camera setting is on auto

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm... I use DroidLight on occasion, and use my camera very often. Haven't experienced this issue myself, but I'll post again hoping to bump you up the list and get some more help!

viper1549

Reaction score
im surprised no one has said this yet, so maybe its rare and not all phones have this problem/irritation.

basically the same thing started happening to me (by coincidence or because i just never was in this situation before? i dont know.), in the long run of trial, error, panic, and frustration i realized it only did this when the battery was below i belive 30-40%.. i dont think there is a setting to adjust this unless i did it in my sleep but it ALWAYS happens now when battery is below a certain level and never happens when i got 40-100% battery..

hope this helps, i use the 99c LED for Droid and its awesome with some cool features, id try it out but nothing to do with the issue your having.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
im surprised no one has said this yet, so maybe its rare and not all phones have this problem/irritation.

basically the same thing started happening to me (by coincidence or because i just never was in this situation before? i dont know.), in the long run of trial, error, panic, and frustration i realized it only did this when the battery was below i belive 30-40%.. i dont think there is a setting to adjust this unless i did it in my sleep but it ALWAYS happens now when battery is below a certain level and never happens when i got 40-100% battery..

hope this helps, i use the 99c LED for Droid and its awesome with some cool features, id try it out but nothing to do with the issue your having.

+1 Thanks for the insight! I'll have to keep an eye on this on my own phone...

viper1549

Reaction score

+1 Thanks for the insight! I'll have to keep an eye on this on my own phone...

no prob :D let me know if its just my phone or its your phone to lol

luweegy

Reaction score
I've noticed that my videos have gotten so dark I can't see them.Is there a way to use the flash during a video? Everything is set on auto in video mode.If I'm outside it is fine.Anything indoors is dark.Even in the OliveGarden last nite which was well lite.Video was so dark you couldn't make it out? Thanx

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've noticed that my videos have gotten so dark I can't see them.Is there a way to use the flash during a video? Everything is set on auto in video mode.If I'm outside it is fine.Anything indoors is dark.Even in the OliveGarden last nite which was well lite.Video was so dark you couldn't make it out? Thanx

Not sure what it'll do to battery life, because I haven't tried it MUCH, but you can download DroidLight from the market. It's directly from Moto and allows you to use the LEDs as a flashlight if you haven't heard of it.

Then, turn on the LEDs using DroidLight, and open up the video camera. I CAN tell you that this doesn't work TOO well in a bar that's pretty dark, but it should be find for when the lighting is just kinda dim...

joker402

Reaction score
For dual led Flash, the flash still isnt as bright as my storms was.

OP
J

JTDroid

Reaction score
Yeah viper1549 you were right, i took some pictures everytime it dropped to a different percent of the battery, and it worked fine until 30% anythin below that it was just flashing re quick and not capturing the picture the way it is suppose to, i guess they set it that way to maybe save the battery when taking pictures, who knows, but thx for the insight, very helpful.

viper1549

Reaction score
Yeah viper1549 you were right, i took some pictures everytime it dropped to a different percent of the battery, and it worked fine until 30% anythin below that it was just flashing re quick and not capturing the picture the way it is suppose to, i guess they set it that way to maybe save the battery when taking pictures, who knows, but thx for the insight, very helpful.

No prob, glad to hear its not just my phone lol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks for the info guys! I kept meaning to try this out, but continually forgot to take some pics as my battery died. Makes sense they'd want to conserve battery...I wonder if you'd get better pics with a lower battery by tweaking settings...?