Fixing Android contacts to be more like Outlook

jimhanzlik

Reaction score
I have an HTC Evo for Sprint. It's a beautiful phone, but I really hate the way the contacts operate. You can't seem to select how you would like each contact filed individually as you can in Outlook. For example let's say I have a contact for Sprint in my contacts and I put the name of one of the people in the local Sprint store who was really helpful and I want to rememeber in the name porstion of the contact. So I put Sprint in the Company heading and Bob for example in the name, in Outlook I can select "File as" and choose Sprint. That wasy it will be filed under Sprint. My problem is that when I downloaded my contacts it automatically files all of them under name and name only. So in this example I would have to look Sprint up under "Bob". The really irritating part is that the phone won't even find the contact if I use the phone keypad and search under Sprint. Does anyone know of an ap that fixes this problem. As I have over 700 contacts and a few hundred have this problem it would be great to fix this or I need to go back to my Windows based Touch Pro 2. I'd appreciate any suggestions for aps on this since I'd love to stay with the Android platform as I know this is the future of mobile computing.

Boxman

Reaction score
Did anybody comment on this?
I can only search by name not company. I did figure out that if you fill in that individuals title at his company then you can search by company, but not by name. It seems to ne one or the other.

Sent from my bolt using DroidForums