Fix bricked droid 2

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Does any one know how to fix a bricked droid 2, i rooted my d2 then as i was trying to install i new rom i was trying to return to stock but i used the wrong sbf and now im stuck at the motorola boot logo, what can i do to fix it.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Grab the new sbf for the latest ota. Plug the phone in. Hold the volume key in and power up. Flash with rsdlite. Should unbrick it since it turns on and gets to the moto logo

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
well the phone first was stuck in motorola boot logo so i turned it on in boot menu pressed camera vol down and power i connected to rsd and flashed the sbf file. rsd worked fine and finished doing every this at the end status said pass but in the phone name instead of saying A955 or what ever the phone is it said phone 0000. rsd rebooted the phone and after the reboot it the screen stays in the boot menu and it says

err:A5,70,70,00

MEP_MAP BLANK
SERVICE REQ'D

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Did you get the newest moto drivers from the site? When you boot the phone while it's connected to you pc, does is try to go to the usb flash mode? What os are you using?

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
yeah i have the right motorola drive when i connect my phone windows reads it and it says driver intalled successfully im using rsd 4.7 but think the problem was the sbf i had the 2.2.2 and i need the 2.3.2 cuz i did the ota on my phone to 2.3.2...........do u happen to now the link to download this sbf

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
i cant do anything to the phone it is stuck in boot mode with the error sing i turn the phone off and back on it takes me to the same error, i did a battery pull, i tried to clear cache and factory reset but even when i press x and power it still takes me back to boot menu with the error sign and now the phone is dead and it wont charge....

gunz.jones

Reaction score
That's tricky....you'll need a charger or a friend's phone....

Horror

Reaction score
^^^ well he need a battery of friends phone.. any luck yet?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
If he already went to 2.3.20, he can't use the original sbf. He has to use the new updated one. A dev on the forums stated they bricked a phone due to using the old sbf after the ota. Hopefully, this isn't the case for the op.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I tried using rsd 4.8 and I tries using the new 2.3.2 sbf but it doesn't remove the error message.

pierro215

Reaction score
did you ever fix your problem? im having the same problem with my droid 2 on 2.3.3, except i cant even get to the menu when i get the Exclamation Point/Android picture

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you ever fix your problem? im having the same problem with my droid 2 on 2.3.3, except i cant even get to the menu when i get the Exclamation Point/Android picture

You should be holding the "X" key, while powering the phone on, then press the magnifying glass, which should bring you to Recovery.